New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

As far as I can tell from my experience, which is now several decades old, defective RCA cables are often the result of improper handling. XLR is much more robust, but has advantages especially with longer cable runs. This is why this connection is used for microphones, but above all for the connection to the PA. Otherwise, of course, RCA also does a good job, even in the professional sector, as media players such as CDJs are still connected to the mixer using RCR cables.

Either Thomann or Gear4Music was showing July availability. Maybe earlier if pre-ordered?

I would pre-order from Sweetwater in the USA, if I knew I could get it earlier. Otherwise, Iā€™ll just wait till itā€™s officially out.

For sure. This could also be accomplished with balanced jacks on a future version (smaller footprint?). From what I understand they havenā€™t got the physical space available in the unit right now though.

1 Like

I was just skimming through the posts here and came across this one again. Have you read this somewhere or can you actually confirm it from your own experience? I tried it once and it didnā€™t work for me.

In general, controllers do not unlock all of the pro features, but only a selection of them. Iā€™m pretty sure in all cases you need a pro subscription to access all of the djay pro features. For example the Mixon 8 Pro unlock Neural Mix, the Sampler and DVS.

It was just a query because it was pointed out above that the old Mixtour should also unlock some features. And I couldnā€™t find that in my case, not even for selected functions.

I usually do check before making statements like that, to try and ensure that theyā€™re correct.

I did have another quick look yesterday after reading your post, but the results are getting lost in the references to the new model.What I did find though was a PDF chart on the Reloop site which shows what works/doesnā€™t work for their various hardware in the various version of DJay.

As Slak_Jaw says, when they say ā€œunlockā€ it doesnā€™t necessarily mean completely (even with the Mixtour Pro).

1 Like

Thatā€™s right, it means that the Mixtour Pro unlocks features that can be controlled with this device. In practice, however, this should make no real difference to full activation for most users. At the moment, I canā€™t imagine what wouldnā€™t work with it, but what you would definitely want to use (and what makes sense with such a controller). But of course, requirements are also different, and perhaps something like this will only really become apparent in practice.
Thanks for the reference to the PDF, Iā€™ll just have another look.

1 Like

from B&H Photo/Video (NY, NY, USA)

Expected availability June! (but Iā€™m not holding my breathe just yet).

Also a new bag/stand.

Decksaver

Iā€™m looking forward to the first reviews, I hope Reloop will deliver at least a few devices in advance for testing purposes.
For this controller in particular, it would be nice if Djay Pro would also display the cue points on the screen in the same way as they are arranged on the controller (two columns instead of two rows).

2 Likes

Me too, but reviews wonā€™t really have an impact on me.
Been using the original Mixtour for djay (Windows) for several months now and it is just high quality piece of equipment. The integration with djay is just flawless.

Call me naive but I think the Mixtour Pro will just be a upgrade on all checkpoints, already pre-ordered it from Thomann.

2 Likes

I do think that reviews are at least a point of reference. Iā€™m not making my purchase dependent on that either, I pre-ordered the controller back in February, but Iā€™m still reasonably curious. But Iā€™m also interested to see which features in Djay Pro will actually be unlocked with this controller and whether it makes sense for me to extend my subscription, as it expires in a few weeks.
I also have the old Mixtour here, but Iā€™m still struggling with it. I have already adapted the mapping intensively to my needs, but too often functions cannot be accessed directly, too often it is necessary to switch between different modes. But I hope that this will largely be a thing of the past with the Mixtour Pro.

I might have misspoke there, reviews are always great. But for me personally I have already decided to buy it. :slight_smile:

But I agree that the original Mixtour is great, it really suffer a bit when it comes to more functions.
I walk around it by having a DDJ-SP1 connected as well.

But it looks like you get around double the buttons on the Mixtour Pro, so there will be much more options to re-mapp.

Do we know anything about this thing sound card? i loved mk1 but that thing was unusable anything outside of the house

16bit sound with rca wasnt really strong enough

@stormz94 thereā€™s lots of information on the Reloop website: Reloop Mixtour Pro - Reloop

is that good considering its just rca?

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely not an audio cable and connection expert, but in my personal opinion and in my personal experience, RCA cables are perfectly fine as long as the cable quality is high, theyā€™re properly shielded, and the length is relatively short (2m). However, I know that opinions on this topic vary greatlyā€¦

3 Likes

hopefuly this time audio card is strong enough for club gigs

last one was rly terrible

Exactly - RCA connections do not equal low sound quality. The ā€œindustry standardā€ Pioneer CDJs have RCA outputs (even the Tour versions).

1 Like

@stormz94 it seems to be good enough for Laidback Luke to use on huge festival and club sound systemsā€¦