New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

That’s right, professional hardware also has RCA outputs. However, these usually do not go directly to the PA, but are connected to a mixer, which is usually connected to the sound system via XLR or 6.3 mm jack.
This is a controller, which I believe many people equate with a mixer. But it is not. Instead, you should think of this controller as a device that you connect to the input of a mixer - and then it’s no longer a problem at all. Laidback Luke uses this controller in the same way; he also connects the Mixtour to a club mixer at his gigs.

1 Like

what about at venues that dont have mixers but instead only xlr cables to connect into a controller

i know you would need xlr to rca cable/adapters in that case and i guess in that case it would br good to have some kind of small mixer aswell (such as yamaha or something)

You should be prepared for this if you haven’t discussed the available technology beforehand. I usually work with an external mixer myself, which also has other advantages. That’s why I have no problem with a controller that only has RCA outputs. But of course this is very individual and doesn’t apply to everyone.

gotcha

what kind of mixer are you using?

@stormz94 if you plan on DJing at a lot of venues that don’t have a house mixer, where you need XLRs to plug directly into the sound system, you’re probably better off choosing something like the Mixon 8 Pro that already has XLRs. The cost probably won’t be much more than that of the Mixtour Pro plus a decent quality secondary mixer. Plus your setup when you get to the venue will be a lot simpler and quicker. Personally, I’ve owned and used both types of setups.

i see

id rather use small mixer as needed on some venues…id like to be porable as possible

so xlr to rca adapters if this thing have good sound card are out of conversation?

I think high quality XLR to RCA adapters are fine if the long cable runs to the speakers are XLR and you are adapting close to your controller. Unless maybe you’re on a massive sound system, in which case, they will VERY likely have a house mixer to plug into anyway. All venues that I’ve DJed at with large, high-end sounds systems have had a club mixer.

Anyway, this thread is getting a bit off topic. Perhaps if you’d like to continue the RCA vs XLR discussion, it deserves it’s own topic. I’m pretty sure there are some people in this community that know a lot more about audio cables than I do…

1 Like

I like the idea of having a very compact set up such as the new Mixtour paired up to an iPhone, but for me personally the iPad is too small and the Mixtour from the reviews I can see relies too much on using Shift + to access features.

1 Like

I have a Yamaha MG10XU.

1 Like

Despite my previous comments I believe I’m going to end up buying this device.
It doesn’t tick all my boxes, I haven’t found a controller that does yet, but it does look like it provides a lot of what I’m looking for.
Affordable, super portable and professional with full algoriddim integration.
There’s no other device on the market hitting all that criteria.

1 Like

My biggest pickle with the original Mixtour is that you had half control of all important features on the controller. For an example, Beatjump is really important for me, but there isn’t enough buttons on the Mixtour to remapp then if you not given up something else.

The Mixtour Pro seems to have so many more midi map options underneath the visual buttons.

1 Like

The RCA-XLR cable will work, but, it is an unbalanced cable. So, you lose the benefits of a balanced XLR connection. Plus, you have to manage the mismatched impedances between the unbalanced RCA outs on the Mixtour and the balanced XLR input jacks on the mixer.

The Mixtour Pro has unbalanced RCA outputs. Plug the Mixtour Pro into the unbalanced inputs on the mixer (with the matching impedance) and you are more likely to get clear problem free sound.

I knew someone on here would know more about XLR cables than me. Thanks @Michael_Wisniewski!

1 Like

Hello all. Just a quick update noting the main djay features which will be unlocked by the Mixtour Pro:

1. Neural Mix
  2. Sampler
  3. 4 Deck
  4. Pro Mode
3 Likes

Apart from the DVS support, I don’t see that any relevant features are missing. :+1:

Seems the Mixtour has been delayed 8 weeks.
Thomann said 1-2 weeks earlier this week, now it is 7-9 weeks.

Since you can select a different input soundcard and output soundcard. I guess you can use a seperate soundcard with phono inputs, and use the Mixtour for the sound output. This way you could in theory use DVS with the Mixtour.

1 Like

My point was not the technical possibility of using DVS with this controller, but the realization that this feature is (probably) not one of those that are automatically unlocked when you connect the Mixtour Pro without having an active subscription, as is the case with other features such as Neural Mix. :slight_smile:

ah, I see. yeah, did not look into that.

I just like to think in solutions :wink:

Updates on the Mixtour Pro from Laidback Luke. Release dates announced at the end of the video…

3 Likes