New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

It can take several days or weeks before the device finally arrives at the customer’s premises. I’m curious, my order is from March. At some point I was told that the controller should arrive at the warehouse on July 18, but in the meantime the delivery date has been set to “unknown” for quite a while.

Well there’s at least one DJ in Germany who now has a Mixtour Pro. He collected it yesterday from Rock Shop in Karlsruhe. Seems to be little to no stock anywhere else.

1 Like

Put back till September now in UK.

Source of that info?

Sounds like a repeat of the M8PRO release. Hopefully they won’t push back the date again if this is true.

Multiple retailers

The retailers seem to have no actual idea and are just guessing, as the info varies from site to site. I thought you might have some solid evidence.

Apparently there were two German retailers who had some, but they’ve all gone now.

I personally don’t think we will see them till September. Some retailers have July still as a date. I think those dates will keep getting pushed back. Out of all the retailers Bop DJ are pretty accurate with dates. Time will tell I guess.

1 Like

It seem a little strange that Luke has been told July (presumably by Reloop directly), and some units have gone out (to Germany) but apparently not very many, as they’re now all gone.

Why so few? What’s gone wrong?

I wonder if even Reloop know what’s happening.

1 Like

Not really sure. Maybe there will be pre ordered units go out but it does look like retailers are pushing date back. I like Reloop but who ever is in charge of their production and ensuring comes to market on time needs to get another job.

1 Like

Let’s see what happens with Mojaxx and Phil DDJT, whether they get units and whether they can shed any light.

3 Likes

Good point. I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s like.

Some have gone to the Netherlands. One guy posted a video.

1 Like

Just noticed something incredibly disappointing that got changed from the initial renders to production:

The performance pads no longer have a ‘Skip’ function and it was replaced by ‘Saved Loops’

This is especially tragic for me, as I use ‘Beat Jump’ or ‘skip’ the most on performance pads for Pioneer controllers for a multitude of reasons. Primarily to quickly scrub tracks while staying in phrase. Imagine being able to jump 32 bars to lineup drops or breakdowns incredibly fast without having to rely on prepping cue points. It’s also a major life saver if you miss the ‘in’ point of a loop and can simply manually jump back at the end of the loop and still save it. Lastly, you can precue a deck to start 16 bars from the current point super easy, this will give you one less thing to worry about during the transition and even allow you to extend it on a moments notice if desired.

It is essentially the ultimate track navigation tool when you need to stay in phrase. Tragic if they removed this feature. At least I can program it on VDJ to behave in this manner. Hopefully Algoriddim has a solution to this as well.

1 Like

I have never missed or used this myself, and I always wonder what advantage it would have in practice. But the requirements and working methods are probably different. Ultimately, this is a disadvantage for those who like to use it intensively, but I don’t really find it tragic. In my personal environment, I have never met a DJ in all these years who would have used it.
Apart from that, you can certainly adjust it via midi mapping, I think.

I don’t really use this function much myself but on my Prime Go I have mapped Shift+Loop encoder to either skip forward or back by the amount of beats I have set in the Skip setting, I usually leave it on 8

I use Beatjump a lot, I use it mostly if I have to put up CUE points on the go. or if I want to do real time skip in the song without a break.

But Djay is one of the most friendly softwares when it comes to midi-mapping so I will just custom it.

Mojaxx just posted a pic on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9DOtcbMxLz/

1 Like

I received the shipping confirmation this morning. Let’s see …

4 Likes

What country and vendor Chris?