New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

1 Like

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

1 Like

I did a little unboxing, nothing spectacular ā€¦ maybe a quick look at the practice will follow soon, letā€™s see :wink:

2 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/0dd827WJhyw?si=i_aFiqj26o2jy8LN

1 Like

Thanks for the side-by-side shot at the end. Itā€™s good to see how the functional design has changed for the better.

It has already been pointed out that the Mixtour Pro unlocks some additional features. I tried to find out what really works and what doesnā€™t:

• Neutral Mix works perfectly
  • Looper, One Deck Mode and Video Mode do not work
  • Manual FX only Essentials, Instant FX only Essentials and Classics
  • Crossfader FX only with fade and filter, tempo blend works

Itā€™s possible that there are more things. I personally miss a few effects, but thatā€™s probably also a question of habit. However, if you want or need to use a different controller, thereā€™s a lot missing. You can work very well with Djay Pro and the Mixtour Pro, but unfortunately the controller canā€™t replace a subscription in every case - which is a shame, because the device isnā€™t cheap and Iā€™m sure that would make the decision to buy it easier for some people.

4 Likes

This is what the dev team told me regarding the main features unlocked by the Mixtour Pro:

• Neural Mix
  • Sampler
  • 4 Deck
  • Pro Mode
  • (among other smaller pro features)
2 Likes

Review from Youtube (not mine).

Is there any feature of the Mixtour Pro that only works for specific devices or is all features accessible on all plattforms?
(General question, have nothing specific in mind)

Hi @djfredhaze, to the best of my knowledge, there are no unique djay software features that are only accessible via the Mixtour Pro hardware.

Received mine today, a little disappointed with the quality of the buttons. Especially the middle section. I have to press them quite hard to activate them. Also the knobs for headphone volume/cue mix are very hard to twist.

Will play around with it a bit more today and give my further feedback. Might need to do some manual MIDI mapping to get it to a state that I like

FYI it doesnā€™t power with just an iPhone 14 Pro connected (through lightning to USB-C), not sure if it works with just USB-C to USB-C on an iPhone 15 Pro

2 Likes

I decided to return my Mixtour Pro. I know itā€™s a ā€œcheapā€ device for the amount of stuff it delivers. But I think maybe a gen2 needs to come for some things to be fixed.

My right effects switch gets stuck when using the hold mode, I can feel a ā€œclickā€ when pushing it down.
Like mentioned above the ā€œhot cue areaā€ buttons donā€™t have a click and donā€™t always register. I prefer the play/cue buttons.

The knobs are a little too hard to turn for me. I understand you want a tight gain/master volume knob, but having this for headphones and EQ buttons is a bit much. The faders feel muddy too and I feel there are working against me.
Also one thing that might matter for some. The RCA connectors are ā€œinsideā€ the device, so if you have a sturdy big RCA cable, it wonā€™t fit. I had to find some lower quality thin RCA cables to connect my speakers.

I love the concept, especially the USB-C with the power delivery option on the second USB-C port. I like that Neural Mix is toggled with a single press of a button. I hope they continue this path because it is a very interesting device!

4 Likes

Hello man, if you want to resell it immediately Iā€™m available.
Please dm me

I returned it already to Amazon, hope they actually send it back instead of reselling it to the next person.

The video above also shows the ā€œbrokenā€ right FX trigger. Mine even had a harder ā€œclickā€ sound, like it gets stuck behind something.

I custom MIDI mapped a Traktor X1 MK3, itā€™s missing the faders, but itā€™s better build quality. Sadly no on-board audio or USB-C, but I donā€™t expect that for the price.

Ok thanks for clarification.

Review from Mojaxx

2 Likes

Sure youā€™ve all seen thisā€¦

Still eagerly awaiting in the UK.

After my pre-order in March, I received the controller at the beginning of July. In the meantime, Iā€™ve spent some time with it and would like to share a few experiences. :slight_smile:
I still really like the concept, and when I heard about it for the first time, I was immediately intrigued. My first impressions are that the Mixtour Pro is a power house, equipped with many functions and housed in a compact format. However, this compactness also makes it difficult to get used to in many places. But this has been the subject of many discussions for some time now. I think that once you get used to it, you can work with it quite well.
I occasionally read that many people only see it as a backup controller. However, you donā€™t need this regularly, but normally only in an emergency. And then you should be able to work with it straight away without having to find your way around first. And I think thatā€™s exactly whatā€™s failing here. The workflow with a controller like the Mixtour Pro differs considerably from what weā€™ve all been used to for many years. You have to want that, you have to accept it. In this respect, I donā€™t really think itā€™s a good idea as a backup alone.
Overall, I have a good impression, the price is debatable, of course it could be sold for less, but perhaps the market will sort that out. Nevertheless, I have noticed that the quality of my model at least is not the best. The housing on the right and left cracks slightly if you hold it too tightly and the Shift button has to be pressed much more firmly than the other buttons (Mode, Load, Neural Mix, etc.) to be sure of the desired function. This is the main reason why I sent my Mixtour Pro back. Perhaps these are initial problems with series production, so I can imagine taking another look at the device a little later :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Chris_R. Still waiting to get my hands on one of these.

1 Like