Please Allow Spotify OFFLINE

…it would be GREAT!!!

I agree with Steven and many others! I feel misled and had to discover some of these downfalls on gigs when I am being embarrassed by this in front of customers. You must fix this so we can play songs offline. WiFi does not exist everywhere and not strongly in most places.
Also, if you’re going to create a product and charge $50 for it, why is there no specific written guide to walkthrough the use of the features? How am I supposed to learn to use it by watching some YouTube video with no words and 1 second jump cut edits? It’s ridiculous. I have to search through the support pages to figure out how to use the product?!

I’ve planned a date with friends to go to the country side and i was going to djing at night but… today i realized that the app needs to be connected and there isn’t wifi, 4g… algoriddim is dealing really bad with this, in every site i’ll talk about this appreally bad, i feel frustrated and cheated. How is posible that an app that i’ve paid 50 euros and the spotify suscription doesn’t mentioned that it doesn’t work offline… pfff i have no words to explain how does it makes me feel… i can’t believe it

I hope you fix this ASAP, you aren’t serious with your customers, at least an explanation talking about the status of this…

Incredible…

This is a massive deal breaker for me…I understand Warren’s point, but surely with iOS8’s extensions this is now possible!!!

Surely with iOS8’s extensions this is now possible??

That’s disappointing. How does djay access the itunes music of the music app then?

Interesting - hopefully Apple allows other apps this functionality later. Thanks for your informative posts.

Personally I believe Spotify and Djay can and should be one app and pay a premium to use let’s say $20 a month all in one app of Djay and Spotify
No more excuse of sandboxing and everyone involved gets paid and us real working DJs will be happy I would even go as far as paying $50 a month no problem

Maybe $20 a month for service and $20 a month per registered device

Example.
Djayify service $20
IPad 1 $20
Macbook $20
I would pay $60 a month
I think its well worth it

So we are 5+ years on … and still… crickets

On who’s door does this land ? Who is holding this much needed and requested feature up ?

If its Spotify we’ll go bang on their door, if its Algoriddim we’ll keep banging (our heads!) against yours in the hope that someone might answer.

As I said in a previous post, increasing the price of the software, means we as customers will demand better support with far more, and far faster communication than has been shown in the past (with some items taking years to even get a shred of a response from the staff).

SPOTIFY OFFLINE PLEASE! I really need this feature. I have no reliable internet.

Lee Varino, you got me all excited! Damn. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction though.

I tried… it does not work. iPad Air with updated Spotify app (in offline mode)… dJay2 still does not see the Spotify content. Bummer! Hopefully a solution is right around the corner. Are you listening Algoriddim? =)

Me too. Thanks airwhale.

Sadly, it appears that Apple Music is not the answer. Although the new Apple Music allows you to download songs to your iDevice for offline playback, Algoriddim’s Djay app still does not play those DRM files. Bummer! Are we any closer to a solution?

I really like Djay Pro but Serato Dj + Pulselocker offline is the next level for djs.
Goodbye Spotify.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Djay2 and spotify offline playlists.

Do we think there will be an app update so djay2 can support offline playlist on spotify. Now sandbox ing of apps should be a thing of the past with ios8 due to extensibility it would be great if djay2 can play spotify offline playlists. As a dj we can’t always get connected at gigs and that renders the spotify integration useless. Thanks

When I try to use spotify offline in the app, it still says I need an Internet connection, even after the update, so not sure exactly how this works.

I think spotify, could charge a small fee, for using songs off line.
So in this way do not harm the copyright and we can use our lists, as we do when we use the Spotify application directly.

Just had a support question and stumbled over this thread. I have to leave my comments here because i am a musician (and occationally djaying with djay pro).

I cannot understand how someone really can complain about the fact that djay does not have offline spotify integration.
In most cases, an app like djay is used commercially or at least to bring pleasure to the crowd. However professional produced music cannot be free, unless you make your own music more or less professional…

If you just download all the new music for 10 euros a month and do not buy any of the songs anymore, you simply cheat the producers of those tracks.

I appreciate the spotify integration as it is because it often saves my ass.
On the next day i check then what i played via spotify and if i think the song was not a one time thing, i go to a itunes store or amazon and then BUY this damned track!

It is all about appreciation i think…

Hoping that some developers does also read here i have a suggestion, or a feature request?

However, would be a “half”-offline solution thinkable? I could imagine it like this: when the machine is online, we can load spotify content to the queue. But when the machine goes offline it would be great if the songs would stay in the cache so that they could be played without a (fast) internet connection. And i see a benefit even if this cache does go away by quitting the djay app.