Problem, jumping to Hot cue when a loop is active

I have an intermittent problem. It seems to happen in the same track. I have a Loop running and quant is on and I press a cube and nothing happens. I need to attempt it two or three times for it to jump to the hot cue I want.

I am using an iPad Pro 11 inch latest Generation on the latest version of the app.

Any ideas?

Hi @Nubium, please provide more details,

1. Are you using DJ hardware? If so, please provide details.
  2. What iOS version?
  3. What are your quantize settings?
  4. Can you please try to capture a video and share it?

Thanks!

I will try and catch it on the video but as I said, it’s an in intermittent problem. Everything worked fine today when I tried it but it seems like after a couple of hours sometimes the app just does something odd and doesn’t quite work properly.

Okay, thanks for the update @Nubium

Hi @Nubium, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please respond to my questions above so I can forward to the engineering team for further review? Thanks!

I will keep testing it at my gigs and let you know but it’s such an intermittent problem but it doesn’t happen every time

Okay, thanks for the update @Nubium. I’m going to consider this topic closed for now so I can focus on active ones. However, if it returns and you’re able to capture a video, please share that along with answers to these questions here:

1. Are you using DJ hardware? If so, please provide details.
  2. What iOS version (ex. 17.3.1)?
  3. What djay Pro version (ex. 5.1.2)?
  4. What are your quantize settings?

Thanks!

Hi. It happened again tonight at a gig. I’m playing a gig so I don’t have time to video it.

I’m using Mixon 8.
iPad Pro 11”
Latest version of iPad firmware and djay app.
Quantize setting is on one beat and turned on

I looked up pretty dumb !!

Thanks for the details @Nubium. Just to confirm your exact details:

1. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro
    a. Are you using the latest Mixon 8 firmware from Reloop?
  2. iOS 17.3.1
  3. 2022 iPad 11 4th Gen
  4. djay Pro 5.1.2

Can you please also share a screenshot of your SYNC MODE Settings?

Uploading: image.jpg…

Yes to all those Questions.

To be honest, I’ve just tried to make the error happen, over and over again, and it won’t happen. It only seems to happen a couple of hours into a gig.

1 Like

And happened again tonight at a wedding.

Hi @Nubium, given that this doesn’t happen until much later in your set, it makes me think that there is some kind of a performance issue happening. Please refer to my list of iOS Tips and try to implement as many of these as you can in your setup.

Also, your screenshot did not upload. Please try again.

In the meantime, I’ll share your description of the issue with the engineering team to see if they can try to replicate it. However, until you are able to capture a video of this, I think it might be a challenge for them to reproduce.

Hi again @Nubium, I spoke with the engineering team, and as suspected, they were not able to reproduce this issue.

It would be very helpful if you could try to narrow down the condition(s) that cause this issue.

1. Do you remember the specific track you were playing?
  2. Is the track from a streaming service, stored on your device or stored on an external drive?
  3. Do you recall the specific loop and hot cue you were using?
  4. If you do recall these, please share a screenshot of the track at that loop location so we can try to replicate it.
  5. Again if you could upload that screenshot of your Sync Mode Settings again as well.
  6. The more specific details you can remember the better. Thanks!

Thanks for that info. I have already followed that. thanks. sorry I replied to the message above the one above.

to answer your questions.

• Do you remember the specific track you were playing?

yes, the track is Dynamite by Taco Cruz. I loop 8 beats at 2.36 then try to jump to a hot que at 8 secs. it works fine when I testing but at a gig after djing for a few hours it gets stuck in the loop.

• Is the track from a streaming service, stored on your device or stored on an external drive?

track in stored on my iPad.

• Do you recall the specific loop and hot cue you were using? yes, see above.

• Again if you could upload that screenshot of your Sync Mode Settings again as well. sorry. my iPad is at home and im away for a few days.

Thanks for the additional info!

so… it continues. again, after 2 hours at a busy gig problems. this time with another track. ill upload videos to YouTube for you to see. I am wondering if the problem is actually a hot cue pad not working and not to do with a loop being played. vids are uploading now.