problem with tidal

since spotify stopped supporting algoriddim i;ve been using tidal succesfully on their premium subscription. i went to use it today and keep getting the error message ’ requested quality is not allowed in users subscription’ when trying to play tracks. anyone else having a similar problem or know a reason why i;m getting this error?.

Hi @duncanht,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the community.

From what you’ve described, it sounds like the chosen TIDAL subscription quality in djay may not match your TIDAL subscription type. Could you please check which subscription quality you have selected for your TIDAL subscription? There are several options available.

MAC:

Then, please check what quality setting you have selected in djay Pro 2. To do this, open djay Pro 2, press CMD+"," and go to Library. There you will find the option to adjust your streaming quality.

iOS:

Then, please check what quality setting you have selected in djay for iOS. To do this, open djay and tap the djay logo, then tap on the gear icon. There you will find the Library menu, where you’ll be able to adjust your streaming quality.

Please let me know if the issue persists. Or if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.