Problems with Mixon 8

Sorry i understand the firmware before the latest :sweat_smile:

Hi, I had the same issue on the right jog wheel and called in for assistance yesterday (12-11-23). I was advised to update the firmware. First I checked my current version and it was the same as the latest version. I still went ahead to re-update and my jog wheel responsiveness is back.
I think the update has fixed the problem.
Let me test it more and come back if anything

1 Like

I had a similar issue where I had to reinstall the firmware a second time before it worked properly.

That’s very strange… :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you Kindly
I did exactly that yesterday and it’s working now. Scaryyy !!!
Thank you so much

Sincerely,
Dj OneKlick

@Djoneklick you’re welcome. Glad that worked.

Happy Sunday Slak

My same issue is back after more testing and I definitely think the jog wheel is defective. I updated again hoping it will fix the issue
I played with djay Pro just on my laptop and it worked great.
Could you please advise
Thank you kindly

@Djoneklick, sorry to hear the issue is back.

1. Have you altered the MIDI Mapping at all? Maybe you accidentally changed the Jogwheel mapping?
  2. I would double check and make sure you are using the Built-in mapping and see if that solves it.
  3. Other than that, I can’t think of anything else beyond what I’ve already suggested above. Sounds like it might be time to get a replacement.
2 Likes

Thank you again
I didn’t change or try to change any mapping. When you said accidentally, how can that happen (so I can track it back. Or is there any way of checking what it is VS what it’s supposed to be ?
They working with me on it asking to ship it to their service center. With my gigs on hand, I’m in a tough position.
I’ve updated the firmware again hoping it will fix it once for all. But while playing a couple a days ago, the track randomly froze. When it happens, it doesn’t react to the cue points. You have to reload the song.
Thank you

@Djoneklick please see point 2 above:

Recently I decided to switch from Rekordbox to Djay Pro 5 via Mac OS. Software wise it’s been a great transition. After spending quite some time creating a mapping for my Pioneer DDJ-RZ, I decided to give the Mixon Pro 8 a try.

So far nothing is working. Audio does not work. None of the performance pads are working. Browsing is non-functional. It was my understanding that the Mixon Pro 8 worked with Djay Pro natively.

I have updated the firmware. The software can see the device because some of the knobs do work. However, so far my user experience is terrible.

What am I missing? Did this controller work for you?

Hi @DJ_Roubo,

1. What macOS and djay Pro versions are you running?
  2. Please make sure that the switches above the Gain Knobs on the top of the Mixon 8 Pro are set to the appropriate position (USB-A or USB-B) and that your USB cable is plugged into the same socket that the switch is set to.
  3. If that doesn’t solve your problem, I recommend you install the firmware a second time and try a different USB cable.

That did the trick! Thanks for the quick response.

You’re welcome @DJ_Roubo. Glad that worked.

1 Like

Enjoy your Mixon 8. Check out @Slak_Jaw mapping on the hardware page. Scroll down I think it’s October 23. Once loaded you can edit yourself to how you want it. But it gives you a phenomenal amount of very cool features that takes the Mixon 8 to another level. If you’re happy with the stock mapping cool enjoy, but if you wanna experiment give it a try.

This gives you an idea of what’s been done.

2 Likes

Hello everyone

I just purchased a 2024 Mixon 8 to have a bit more ‘hands-on’ DJ experience vs. using my MacBook alone.

Upon initial use, I am seeing that many, if not all, of DJAY’s powerful feature set (examples: bpm/ tempo match and auto reset, fader fix transition options) does not translate to the controller.

I am hoping it’s a settings issue but would be interested in feedback from the community.

Thank you

Hi @rob_geno,
I’ve merged your topic with this existing Mixon 8 topic to help keep the discussion more organized. You may also want to read through similar discussions regarding the Mixon 8:

1. Mixon 8 Pro - review
  2. Reloop Mixon 8 - Ultimate STEMS Mapping

thanks for the quick reply!

i reviewed the two links provided and unfortunately, do not see an answer to my specific question.

reminder: Upon initial use, I am seeing that many, if not all, of DJAY’s powerful feature set (examples: bpm/ tempo match and auto reset, fader fix transition options) does not translate to the controller.

can you help?

@rob_geno please keep in mind that the Reloop Mixon 8 was released long before djay Pro 5 and new software features like Crossfader FX. However, it’s possible to customize the MIDI mapping yourself to suit your specific needs. Please refer to the attached FAQ articles on MIDI Mapping:

1. https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911871-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-Mac-
  2. https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016055199-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-iOS

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.