Rane One Fx mapping problem

Noticed that too lorenmiller, I have left him a comment and asked him how he was able to map it…

So Carlo is using a Mac which explains why it works for him…At least we know that it can work as designed and hopefully they can fix it (along with the other glitches) in the next update.

I use a Mac and can tell you that it does not make a difference. Problem exists on both platforms.

Wow, well so much for that theory, although in the YouTube video you can clearly see that he is using each Paddle for their respective channel…The mystery continues…

New version of DJay just released. States improved support, precision and reliability with Rane One. I will be testing tomorrow to see if the FX mapping issues have been addressed.

1 Like

Just tried it… doesn’t seem to work as expected. I can only establish assigning 3 fx to each deck. The paddles do however only activate the fx for the deck they are assigned to though. A slight improvement

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for staying active in this thread throughout this process. It’s great to have such an active community involved in improving the RANE integration with djay.

In this new update (3.7.8 on iOS and 3.1.6 on macOS) the mapping of the FX Toggle was fixed.

However, please note that djay only supports 3 FX per deck.

Cheers, G

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @Guillermo

Is there any intention to add the ability for the 6fx to be applied to each deck?

Please note, I can’t discuss future plans/intentions. However, I can file a feature request for this. It would be great if you could set a separate thread for this request in order to better track the votes. Thanks in advance:)

Cheers,G

Hi @Guillermo please do file a separate request so that the 6 fx can be applied to each deck. I believe that is what this thread initially set out to try to solve. That and the trigger issues.

2 Likes

@Guillermo Please add my +1 to this request for the ability to apply any of the 6 available FX buttons on the Rane One to deck A or deck B per their assigned FX trigger toggle.

3 Likes

Another +1 vote for the 6 FX pads.
Thanks for the update, it appears to have fixed the sync problem but I haven’t had a chance to properly put it to the test…

1 Like

If my thinking is correct then Carlo Attendido must have gotten his hands on a beta FW, which means that Algoriddim is continuing to pursue and put out product/software aimed at working DJ’s and Carlo has formed a relationship with Algoriddim of some sorts. That is great to hear in my opinion!

@Guillermo Thank you for the patch!

1 Like

Had a gig last night and the FX paddle fix was an absolute dream to work with! Unfortunately the BPM slider now has issues that are really annoying, anyone else experience this on the new FW?

What issues are you having with the pitch slider?

1 Like

it doesn’t catch, I have to jack it all the way up or down

1 Like

Hi @lorenmiller,

I think you see the ghost pitch faders.
You can pick up this second fader by going to that point with the physical fader of your controller without changing the tempo of the played song. You need to “pick up” the ghost fader in order to change the tempo.

If you don’t like the ghost pitch faders, you can turn off this setting under the MIDI Learn configuration. MIDI Learn (iOS)

For each tempo-slider (AKA pitch faders) turn off PICKUP MODE.

From the FAQ page
Pickup Mode: with this option enabled, djay Pro will detect when the on-screen control is no longer in sync with the control on your MIDI controller and wait until you re-align the control to make it have an effect. This is especially useful for tempo sliders, as using the “sync” option will alter the on-screen slider.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Yeah, It doesn’t pick up like it use to even in the last firmware, that’s the bug

It doesn’t appear to be an issue with me, having said that I did try turning Pick Up off and I can’t tell the difference either…
On another note, I noticed that Version 3.7.9 was released almost the next day that 3.7.8 was released, were there any changes made with the latest version?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.