Reloop Mixon 8 - Ultimate STEMS Mapping

Thanks man. If I go down this and get stuck dj you make mappings for people, for a fee of course? For example I’d like it to make sense as much as possible to the default except with added such as eq seperation, fx on each stem and looping on each stem. What do you reckon?

Is the Mixon 8 more geared towards serato than djay pro in terms of mapping and layout. With iPad is the controller mapped well or do you have to press iPad a lot?

@Dysfunk_DJ you’re welcome. I don’t normally make custom mappings for people, but I’m sure we could work something out if you don’t feel comfortable tackling it yourself.

As for whether it’s geared more towards Serato or djay, I don’t use Serato seriously so I can’t really speak to it. Like I said earlier, I still think this is currently one of the best hardware options for djay.

Yes, it’s mapped well for iPad. You don’t need to touch the iPad if you don’t want to. Well except if you need to use Search I guess. Personally, I prefer library navigation with a touch screen

That’s great. Really pleased you don’t really need to apart from search and some touch effect action. I’ll probably get a iPad stand just to have higher and angled. I have one more gig next weekend with Traktor then I think I’ll splash the cash on new Mixon 8 and iPad Pro. I can sell my s4 mk3 and 2f1 to get some of it back. Plus I have a MacBook Air m2 with 16gb and 1tb if I need to recover it all and some spare.I May even get 2 turntables to try the DVS. Thanks man you’ve even an awesome help

@Dysfunk_DJ you’re welcome. Happy to help.

Just bought an iPad Pro 12.9 in readiness :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ nice! djay should run like a dream
on that. I recommend you read my iOS specific tips to avoid some of the typical issues people encounter:

Actually, you should probably read the software tips too:

Great thanks I’ll take a look. With your own samples can you edit them in iPad, shorten them if need too?

You’re welcome. It’s been a while since I added my own samples to djay, but if memory serves me correct, you cannot edit the length of them directly in djay. You can only Play/Pause them manually. Pretty sure you would need to adjust the sample length in another software like Ableton of Audacity.

1 Like

Awww dammit. I knew there would be some limitations lol

I like this. You could have shift and mic to operate mic? I use a mic and to have option of acapella and instrumental plus mic options would be neat.

I’ll be in touch when I get mine. Will be month or so. Got my iPads today, djay pro ai works like a charm. I got 5th gen m1 to future proof for when 5.0 comes out. Should be good for few years yet.,

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ I don’t have a mic anymore so I can’t really test that out. It depends how the hardware is configured. It would probably be safer to put the Acapella and Instrumental on the SHIFT + layer instead of the other way around though.

Hi there, I got a Mixon 8 today. I can’t spend too much time on it as I have a gig tomorrow and need to go over that tonight and tomorrow.

I did notice some things
How do you select an effect? Is it purily from touching iPad?
Also to select either streaming service or user files is that also from iPad only?
I did try your mapping but only the left neural drum knob worked?
I updated to latest firmware. I will need to spend a lot of time once I’m more settled. I’m sure once sorted it will be banging.

@Dysfunk_DJ

1. The default mapping does not have the ability to select FX via the Mixon 8.
    a. On my mapping, pressing the FX Encoder selects the Previous FX1 and pressing Tap selects the Next FX1.
    b. SHIFT + FX Encoder selects the Previous FX2 and pressing SHIFT + Tap selects the Next FX2.
    c. I don’t have hardware mapping for FX3 Select.
  2. Edit Aug 6, 2023: I was wrong. SHIFT + Browse Knob Turn cycles through the music sources like Beatport or Tidal.
    a. Also, the Back button below the Browse Encoder can be used to move up the folder hierarchy within the selected source and pressing the Browse Encoder can be used to move down the folder hierarchy.
  3. Edit Aug 6, 2023: Regarding the STEMS knobs not working for you, there was an error in my Version 3 mapping. FX1 Knob was mapped to Neural Mix Volume instead of Neural Mix EQ. NOTE: I have set these up to act like EQs so the 12 o’clock position is Normal. Turn Left to decrease and Turn Right to increase. Also note, because these are EQs the Neural Mix volume sliders in the GUI do not change, but you will see the changes in the waveform. Hopefully that makes sense.

UPDATE AUG 6, 2023: I found an error with the SJ3 Mapping Above. FX1 Knob was mapped as Neural Mix Volume instead of Neural Mix EQ. Everything else remains the same as Version 3.

Please note, however, that I changed the default Performance Pad assignments in Version 3. I will not be making a version of this mapping with the default pad assignments, so if those are important to you, this mapping is NOT for you.

Reloop Mixon 8 Pro SJ3-1.djayMidiMapping (311.2 KB)

Here are the new pad assignments:

1. Hot Cue remains unchanged
  2. Pitch Play remains unchanged
  3. I replaced Loop Roll with Saved Loops
  4. Saved Flip with Bounce Loops
  5. Saved Loop with Instant FX
  6. Slicer with Sampler
  7. Sampler with Looper tracks 1 & 2
  8. Scratch Bank with Looper tracks 3 & 4

VERSION 4 UPDATE: Added a STEMs SPLIT Function

1. This pretty closely mimics the STEMs SPLIT behavior in Serato where the active track is split into an Instrumental and Acappella across Deck 1 and Deck 2.
  2. For example, with a track playing on Deck 1 if you press SHIFT + Load Channel 2, the track on Deck 1 will switch to an Instrumental while at the same time duplicating the track Acappella onto Deck 2 .
  3. The same can be done from Deck 2 by pressing SHIFT + Load Channel 1.
  4. This allows for independent EQing, Cutting, Scratching, Filtering, FX, etc. of each STEM across the 2 channels.
  5. With Sync and Slip Mode engaged on both decks, the tracks stay locked together pretty well even when scratching one of the STEMs.
  6. Also, if you engage a Loop on the track before performing the STEMs Split, the Loop will be duplicated onto the second deck.
  7. As before, the Orange Text in the Mapping Key represents the SHIFT + Functions.
  8. I had to move some functions around to make room for these:
    a. Waveform Zoom In/Out is now SHIFT + Loop Size
    b. Preview Track Rewind and Fast Forward is now SHIFT + TIME (small buttons at top right of jogs)
    c. I also replaced the Pitch Cue Performance Pad Mode with Cue Loops.

Reloop Mixon 8 Pro SJ4(Split).djayMidiMapping (320.2 KB)

1 Like

Can’t wait to check out this mapping. If you could when I do and if I need help will you show me how to delete acapella and instrumental buttons on mic please. Do you use a pad for stems mode. Original map is to press sample twice. When in that mode couid you use parameter buttons for acapella and instrumental? Aka serato style

@Dysfunk_DJ I can probably guide you through reversing the Mic mapping. I don’t use STEMs Pad Mode. I prefer STEMs EQ as I feel it gives me more control.

Also, I use the Parameter Buttons for Beat Jump which a use a lot more than Acappella & Instrumental.

1 Like

I just got the Mixon 8, and I cant seem to be able to get the 4 individual FX toggle switches with iOS to work. Any idea why?
Even when i go to midi mapping they dont send a midi signal… confused… Dont tell me they dont work on iOS!

@athanlive you need to use the FX buttons in combination with the FX Paddles.

1. Select which of the 3 FX you want to use by pressing the button. You can also use multiple FX at once.
  2. Enable the FX on the desired Channel/Deck by flipping the FX Paddle Up or Down.

1 Like

@athanlive also, make sure you install the latest Mixon 8 firmware from Reloop and the latest version of djay. The original release had the FX assignments mixed up for Decks 1/3 and Decks 2/4.

1 Like