Reloop Mixon 8 - Ultimate STEMS Mapping

@athanlive also, make sure you install the latest Mixon 8 firmware from Reloop and the latest version of djay. The original release had the FX assignments mixed up for Decks 1/3 and Decks 2/4.

1 Like

Thank you! Finally working!

@athanlive you’re welcome. Glad that worked for you.

1 Like

Got my.Mixon 8 mapping wish list :sunglasses:
Mixon 8

Rotate source select

Fx next fx prev

Stems split acapella instrumental

Instant doubles

Neural eq

Stems effects on pads so on vocal stem bottom pad echo out. Similar to serato.

Zoom in zoom out

Push preview and preview rev and fwd

Shift and filter instrumental into acapella?

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ nice! Good luck with your MIDI Mapping. Should be possible to make all of that happen. Just be aware that you if you set up the Instant FX Pads for STEMS/Neural Mix, you need to manually change the FX assignments back to normal via the touch screen. This is why I don’t use STEMS performance pads. I prefer to use Instant FX in a different way.

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ check out my STEMS mapping for the Midi Fighter Spectra. This should give you everything you need to set up the Performance Pads like Serato STEMS.

1 Like

Hi there. FX 1 next just scrolls through favourites. Not sure if this is a djay bug? If no effects in favourites I experienced a crash.

Other than that very good indeed. I couldn’t work out how to do the deck split thing.

1 Like

@Dysfunk_DJ is it the FX1 Knob or FX1 Button that scrolls through FX Favourites for you?

2 Likes

Button or it might be both. I’ve put unit away now. I’ll check this week.

1 Like

Well it doesn’t do that on my unit, so perhaps there’s something wrong with your mapping? It’s possible that you have a duplicate of those controls also mapped to FX 1 Select Next or Select Previous.

Have you got to delete the old one before you re do?

1 Like

Only error was on fx1 not fx2 that works fine. Very strange.

Yeah, best to delete the old one first, but it should also work to overwrite it will a new MIDI command.

I thought that too it would be a new midi command.

VERSION 4.1 UPDATE: Added STEMs Pad Mode

1. I replaced the Bounce Loops Performance Pad Mode with STEMS.
    a. This is pretty similar to Serato’s implementation with STEMS Mute Buttons on the Top Row and Instant FX on the bottom row.
    b. You will need to edit the Instant FX assignments manually in djay to the desired STEMS FX. I prefer Drum Fill, Drum Echo 1/4, Vocal Juggler and Vocal Echo 3/4 myself.
    c. SHIFT+STEMS Mute will perform a STEMS Solo while the button is HELD down.
  2. I moved the Auto BPM Transition / Automix to SHIFT+Play/Pause. For me this placement feels more natural.
    a. So, if you’re playing a track on Deck 1 and want to Auto BPM Transition over to Deck 2, simply press SHIFT+ Play/Pause on Deck 2. The same works in reverse.
  3. I replaced Silent Cue with Tempo Reset since I never use Silent Cue.
  4. I added FX Select Previous and FX Select Next buttons to the SHIFT+ layer of Instant FX Pad Mode
  5. As before, the Orange & Green Text in the Mapping Key represents the SHIFT + Functions.

Reloop Mixon 8 Pro SJ4.1(STEM Pads).djayMidiMapping (324.6 KB)

1 Like

Blimey your good. I’ll check this out this morning.

How do I get access to the mic? I think on your mapping we can safely say we have suffient stems control :sunglasses::+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awesome mapping man. So good. Or if you can show me to shift mic or shift acapella or instrumental.

I’ve done my own edit using your mapping but not adding it all. One thing I would love to add is split stem, that will be cool to add to my work flow. I’ve added instant fx on stems which is very cool for deck A and B.

@Dysfunk_DJ the mic buttons are essentially hardware controls so there is no MIDI command within djay in the default mapping. Also these buttons do not support the SHIFT+ layer. Probably your best option is to delete the Instrumental and Acappella MIDI functions from my mapping if you’re using a mic.