MIDI Mappable Instant FX Selection

Algoriddim, please add the ability to MIDI map the FX Selection of specific Instant FXs. Currently, it’s only possible to MIDI map Instant FX1 thru FX8 to the performance pads. Then the selection of the specific Instant FX has to be done through the djay UI edit menus. Basically you have to set these 8 FX and leave them.

If we had the ability to map the specific FX Selections (ex. Vocal-Echo Out 3/4, Hands Up, Drum-Fill), then we could use more than 8 pads and have more than 8 different Instant FX easily available. Where I really see this being useful is with the Neural Mix FX. I could dedicate 8 performance pads to Neural Mix specific Instant FX and another 8 to regular Instant FX. This would make the Instant FX way more powerful. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hey @Slak_Jaw ,

Thanks for reaching out to request the ability to MIDI map the FX Selection of specific Instant FXs!

I’ve made sure it’s brought to the attention of our Dev Team for future consideration.

In addition, if other users also feel this feature would be useful, we encourage them to vote on this topic thread as well so we have a better idea of the interest from others in our community.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Posting to keep this thread alive…

2 Likes

Uh Uh Uh Uh Stayin alive :notes:

Hoping to bump this suggestion further up the Algoriddim development queue as well.

1. I’ve created several custom MIDI Mappings for different controllers to mimic Serato’s implementation of STEMS Pad Mode.
  2. In particular the STEMS FX in djay are WAY more powerful than what Serato currently offers.
  3. Unfortunately, the way Instant FX are currently implemented really limits the power of this feature.
  4. Please give us MIDI Mappable commands for selecting specific Instant FX like Vocal Echo Out 3/4 so we don’t have to manually edit the Instant FX Pad assignments via the touch screen. Thanks!
2 Likes

Yes i have multiple pad controllers and i too would like instant effects mapped to more than 8 pads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be so good. Now that Djay Pro AI has decent stem features it would be cool to be able to map stem effects separate to instant effects.

1 Like

I’m sure DJ Angelo would agree to this post

1 Like