save a loop

Lots and lots of people want this feature, I have no clue as to why algoriddam haven’t implemented it, as it wouldn’t be difficult to do.

Yeah it really is a weakness in the software

You will be waiting a long time. No employees from algoriddam come on here anymore. Lukas shows up once in a while.

It’s in every other dj software for iOS so a basic request really that algoriddam don’t really want to implement or can’t.

Save the loop, save it in the MP3 file and also the ability to name it.

You can try to mimic the saved loop function. (its not perfect but it works)

1 set cue points on the downbeats where you would normally start the loop

2 play the track, and turn on a loop at a random moment but with enough headroom to count down to the first downbeat. (so on the 3th downbeat or something)

3 with the loop active, call the hotcue set in step 1. on the 1st downbeat. The loop will migrate to the cuepoint but remains active.

Basically you use the fuction that a loop remains a active no matter where you travel to inside the track untill you de-activate it.

see my video

https://youtu.be/F25-5Fdw8XY

around time frame 10:40 I’ll show you how I do it

@DJ-iBob

the saddes part is, the trick doesnt work anymore with djay Pro on iPad (it does on MacOS and with djay 2 on iPad)
I had to find that out while working a gig and had to fall back to my trusty iPad as a back up

That would be a great addition

saving a loop as hotcue is a must-have !

come on developer guys, implement it ! … and you can be sure a lot of the Pro user will give DJay a real chance !

thx !!!

yes ! there will even be some DJPP or NI TDJ user which will maybe migrate to DJay, the 4 deck view and the flexible gridding is amazing … but missing HOTCUE LOOPS is a showstopper to start, a final NoGo !

you both are right IMHO
Lukas: I can imagine, the developer must think about internal storage structure/db as your cue definition needs a cue end attribute, also kind of cue loop type. Got it, understand at all. But please force this, Dysfunk is right too, from user perspective currently it is a showstopper, all fanzy gui designs and 4 deck are useless for professionals if this will not come in near future. So thanks so much for hearling … and pushing internally !

Lukas, did you get some first feedback from the developer?
do you think we can hope for it in next DJay update ?

that’s a pity … companies could post some plans, that would keep the engaged user for sure :wink:

@Zubin: coudn’t say better. thats exactly also my single showstopper preventing me to migrate to DJay. My hope was the ‘Pro’ in the solition would have offered this.

@Lukas: do you know already if it could be a candidate for next beta release ?

Hello there is a loop backup for djay pro

A dj software without backup of the loop is not very interesting j was disgusted by this lack of functionality thought you a day l add it to the dj pro

I’m losing hope/interest in DjayPro. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and a Reloop Mixon 4; top tier equipment and I can’t save loops?!

Will it work with Spotify? That’s the only reason I continue with djay Pro. ESSENTIAL for song requests at gigs.