Some Apple Music songs not loading

hold tight friend, having used everything under the sun, djay is top notch, and since the Apple Music launch I’m guessing most of us have had no problems…but streaming for DJ purposes is “new” and look at the bright side, you will have been there in the early days;)

2 Likes

FYI, in case you land here and doom scroll to the bottom…as noted by a few others in this thread…some emergency options:

-Buy the songs on iTunes

-Sync your Apple Music playlists using “TuneMyMusic” type tool to another djay supported store

-Take a week off :wink:

Hi!
If i download all the songs i need on Apple Music App , can i use DJay wirhout this issue?
Regards from Uruguay
Waiting solve this to buy a DJ controller :pray::pray:

1 Like

I’m getting an error message with iTunes streaming songs since this past Thursday! I have gigs to do!

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

1 Like

@Adam_Munoz, please use search before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this existing one.

This is a known issue with Apple Music. We are working closely with Apple to address the issues with their servers ASAP. Please see above for more details and some potential workarounds. Apologies for the inconvenience. Resolving this as quickly as possible is our top priority. Thanks for understanding.

The same for me on a few tracks definitely a apple issue

Thanks for the info and tip @Thomas_Dalewski

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and tips @ItsWesSmithYo

1 Like

My songs that wouldn’t play are all bought on iTunes, so that’s not a solution.

2 Likes

Correct you are…I double checked, the ones I verified earlier w/Kind = "Purchased AAC Audio File"do, but I found some that don’t as well, so scratch that solution. That said, kind of supports idea that it’s not a djay issue, because my Beatport files do seem to work. Maybe something to do with the DRM protection verification, etc…?

I found this thread whilst searching for a solution to the same problem, but in Windows 11.

I thought I would highlight the issue is more with Apple Music than the dj pro platform.

It’s obviously the DRM protection as this is what would happen before djaypro supported Apple Music playback. had to pay tidal $20 to subscribe again with their dj add on plan. Hopefully it’s fixed within a month.

I’ve contacted Apple they said it’s on your end. What should I do ?

1 Like

My unsolicited two cents:

Of course Apple will say that it’s on DJay’s side. Behemoth of a company that will point to their service working as proof that it’s not on their side

Meanwhile all other connected services/integrations on DJays side still work. 400 error might indicate apple’s API has changed. Also the bug occurred for me without updating app (new version = potential new bugs. New bug that came about without an update = something changed outside of the app for it to start throwing errors.)

I stumbled on this thread because I too am encountering the issue. But it looks like it really is a top priority for Algoriddim to solve based on official support confirmations on this thread early and often. Thanks for your attention and help here! Please do keep us posted

Note for everyone scrambling and panicking - there is software available to download Apple Music playlists as .mp3 . Most definitely sketchy and illegal but if you’re trying to make a living DJing and this is blocking you, do it… (or tune my music + tidal will do it as others have mentioned if you’re trying to stay on the straight and narrow)

2 Likes

Here’s a touch of good news… I’m noticing that some songs I couldn’t play earlier today I can now get to play in the app.

Still saw a couple with the same error message, but the issue appears to be getting better!

Same here. Has anyone figured out a solution?

Came back to Djay Pro after seeing Apple Integration, this error is frustrating. I miss Spotify.

4 Likes

More than a little frustrating. Any updates on a fix? How about a partial refund for a now partially capable piece of software?

2 Likes

Same here… only when using apple music on DjayPro. Switched to TIDAL… and it all works fine… even the same songs!!

1 Like