Some Apple Music songs not loading

Hi!
I temporarily solved the problem like this:

Preparing a playlist in Apple Music. Download the entire playlist to the device

Next open djay → select from sources: “local music” → find the downloaded playlist = from this place all tracks are played

3 Likes

I am getting around this by downloading all of the music I need from Apple Music to my local device (needs to be Authorized Device). Once it’s cached on the local device you shouldn’t receive this error. This is likely an issue with a back-end API at Apple.

1 Like

Same issue. Nothing loads. Maybe 2 out of 10 songs. I just started paying to play my iTunes/apple music on here. I should have kept Tidal…

2 Likes

Hi there have you managed to resolve this issue as I’m experiencing the same issue

I am unable to replicate this. My computer is authorized and my playlist is downloaded, but I still get the error? Are you using the iTunes functionality (purchases) or Apple Music, downloading from the streaming service?

This seems to have got worse today. Been playing around for the last couple of hours and of the 43 tracks I tried to select, only 16 worked.

Hi, Im new to Djay Pro and have tbe full software on Windows and Im looking to also install on my iPad

Im having this exact same issue which is super frustrating but one thing I’ve noticed it’s the same tracks from my library which wont load on the Ipad/ios or on my windows PC. The tracks themselves play fine through itunes on both devices but refuse to load on tne Djay pro software

Hope this helps rectify this issue in some way?

Cuzer

2 Likes

I am using a combination. Mostly through Apple Music.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

There are no alternatives that work with Apple Music. Djay Pro is the first.

2 Likes

Yes very disappointed with djay pro. I’m definitely gonna cancel apple music and might even cancel djay pro. It’s cheaper getting music from dj platforms. I’m thinking going back old school cdj or vinyl

Yeh just learned there aren’t any others who say they work with apple streaming. Djay doesn’t work either though now. I found out during a gig last night, it was a nightmare. Had to log into tidal on my spare laptop and take out a subscription to get the gig finished, all while playing in apple music app until I got the sub sorted.

2 Likes

Can we have an update please? How are the investigations with Apple going? Do we have an ETA on the resolution?

I’ve also downloaded on authorised device and no improvement.
It appears to be loading stuff I’ve loaded up recently, maybe a few days to a week before the error message started appearing.
Obviously, any new additions to playlists aren’t loading.
I would dare say algoriddim are pressing them but, as someone mentioned, it’s likely not a huge priority for Apple and they’ll prolly just get around to it when they get around to it.
It is taking longer than expected hopefully end of weekend brings some good news🤞

So I just downloaded djay as it was working initially with my Apple Music library, however now I only can use around 50% of my playlist. I agreed to the trial and was happy to pay the £6.99 a month and was thinking about buying a new iPad to play on.
However if this isn’t fixed by the end of August then I’ll be cancelling my sub and not buying an iPad. So sadly both Algoriddim and Apple are gonna lose out, but I guess it’ll hurt Algoriddim more.
Needs sorting or I’m saying bye bye.
Reaper

Any update, please? Need to use it this coming weekend!

1 Like

Thanks for your work on this & for keeping us updated @Slak_Jaw

2 Likes

Same thing is still happening this morning August 19, 2024 at 10:00am Central Time.
If the powers that be can read this why wasn’t an email sent out to paying customers that this issue is happening? I’m sure a ton of djs that had events this past weekend would have appreciated the heads up on the problem.

2 Likes

I was wondering how many ruined weekends happened because of this issue. The least they could have done is let everyone know.

2 Likes

I did some testing. All songs do play correct on the Apple music app on MacOs. The songs randomly fail in Djay. It seems to be like some throttling or timeout issue. I tried loading a song, it failed several times and then succeeded. Then when the song was playing I tried to load the same song on the other deck and that failed again. After several attempts that also succeeded.
When loading a song is the request tunnelled through some Algorridm server? I would not wonder if this is the case and then Apple throttles the requests coming in from Algoriddm

1 Like