Some Apple Music songs not loading

The same problem is happening to me and I have had to cancel work it is frustrating we hope for a prompt solution. Thank you

2 Likes

Same issue here. apple music with Djay on ipad Air 2:

1 Like

Hello again everyone. Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and for helping us to troubleshoot and fix this issue. We have further escalated the issue to the single highest priority and continue working with Apple on a solution ASAP. We do not have an ETA at this time, but I will continue to share more news as I get it. Please rest assured that this issue is our #1 priority, and we’re doing everything we can to address it. Thanks for your continued patience and collaboration on this matter.

7 Likes

Thank you.
Error 400 usually means Bad Request. That should explain why some API requests work while others don’t. If Apple or Algoriddim keeps the sent request and results, it should be possible to figure out the difference. Does the app has some sort of “debug mode on” or “verbose logging” option to collect those logs and send to you?

2 Likes

Inconvenience, but not ruined. Hope this is fixed by the next round of events this weekend.

3 Likes

It seems that the issue with Apple Music not loading hasn’t been fixed even after six days. I urge the person in charge to resolve it as soon as possible. If the issue isn’t fixed, I won’t be able to practice DJing, which is causing me problems.

2 Likes

This thread should be re-titled. “Apple Music and Djay interface does not work”. It’s a real shame because when it did work it was brilliant and a real USP for Djay and a real positive. Now it’s a clear negative. Expectations are not being met. Hope a fix can be found soon or time to change apps. It seems to me it can’t be that hard to fix. Find out why one song doesn’t load and it’s likely to be same for all. Is it volume of requests. Is it’s a protection flag? Is the API unable to handle the request. Music all works in Apple Music so it’s clearly the integration code/APIs where the problem lies. Djay ought to be able identify to tell Apple what is causing it to fail inside Djay it’s not just “Apple Music Problem”.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed in the perspectives of a few posters fom a technological viewpoint. 1) Apple cares about us but isn’t likely pushing to an instant fix since this isn’t but a microscopic user base for them. 2) comparing Apple’s apps to Djay is not logically sound, apples apps do not and would not use the same API as Djay and I’m sure that Djay knows the exact errors the app gets (we see most if not all of it too) and has shared it with apple. 3) I totally get how cool it is to have a rather unlimited set of music to play from but being in business as a dj means also being wise about what you depend on, and even if it’s working perfectly utilizing an internet dependent tool isn’t always wise. 4) there have been a bunch of suggestions for temporary fixes that work flawlessly excepting a few potential songs that might not match or transfer.

So basically anytime you use a new technology, please be wise with how much of your investment in your business depends on it. Backup plans are very wise for everyone.

Thank you to Djay’s team for all their hard work here. One thing that’d be awesome is twice a day updates. I really do hope Apple either fixes this or gives ya’ll an updated api ref… Good luck!

6 Likes

you say that you will continue to give us news. apart from telling us that it is a priority, after 6 days and 128 posts on this forum, you have still not given any progress or start of results

I use Djay last version on my ipad8, iphone12 and pc intel windows 11. The problem occurs on all 3

Thank you and i hope some positive new soon

Here Here,
I was flagged for pointing out the obvious in saying that this is the exact reason why Dj’s should not rely on Streaming services, if the whole Spotify not supporting Dj software wasn’t a wake up call for Dj’s not to rely on a streaming service and start building your own music library I don’t know what was…

Tidal as our next best choice and even they decided to stop the use of Stems and then pump up the price for. Dj subscription once they had everyone hooked to swap over from Spotify.

And for Dj’s that are actually making a living out of djaying, surely it’s time to start building your own music library.

Now I totally sympathise with users in saying that they have paid for a product and now it isn’t delivering what it was advertised to do,

4 Likes

It might be because there is nothing new as in updates from Apple?

I’m sure Algoriddim can read all the 128 posts and are well aware of the issue, but yet people keep on posting that the issue is still there…

I think when Algoriddim/Apple fix the issue, they will be the first to tell us

3 Likes

I have the same problem only will load downloaded tracks , and works with only like one ITunes Somg I have in my library it’s been going on for like 4 dayz now

2 Likes

Would love to know the FIX - if it is Apple - this will take a while???

DEPRESSING - is there any other music service app that will integrate - ?? Locking down all access.

I am also impacted by this bug. Given the cost burden people are taking to deal with this impact I would hope to see some number of months free of DJPro.

1 Like

Yes there are multiple but the closest would be Tidal, although it’s a dearer option, it does offer Stems to be used as opposed to Apple which currently don’t.

Yo Mark are you still having the same issue with certain songs not playing ? Any idea if this will ever be rectified. Cheers

It’s algoriddim that’s encouraging us to rely on the streaming services, so …

2 Likes

Hi @EwoutdeBoer

This is exactly the same finding I had.

Some posts ago I wrote that it‘s depending on the way you connect t o the internet. But it seems, it was some kind of Coincidence.

Anyway, from my perpective it looks like some kind of timeout since sometimes it works sometimes not (or a not constant handshake). .

How so?
It has created a dj software, much like Serato, Rekordbox,Virtual DJ,etc…

It then added a feature to allow for the use of Streaming services to be used along with your own music, had it not been able to use your own music, then yes, you are correct, but it first started like all the above mentioned platforms solely using your own music, and then yes with innovation it adapted Streaming services.

It as one of the first to allow for the use of Spotify, which in itself as an excellent Streaming service, but then alll of a sudden, Spotify decided it was no longer going to support Dj software platforms.

I started Djaying back in 84’, built up an immense vinyl collection but by the time CDJ’s came commonplace, I had slowed down Djaying but still did the occasional odd event, strictly with Vinyl.

Then I decided to get back into it a few years back with the advent of Digital music and so I began at first, converting my much loved Vinyl collection over to MP3, and bought a small controller inn the Numark idjPro, which allowed me to not rely on a laptop and I used it with the music I had in iTunes alongside my Vinyl set up,

Then Spotify was available and I began to rely less and less on the Vinyl set up and more digital…

Then when Spotify pulled the plug, I quickly realised that relying on a Streaming service was too risky and unstable, So I kept buying my own music and used Tidal sparingly.

I had a 6 months free subscription to Apple Music so decided to ditch Tidal and try out Apple Music, but I may use it probably 5% of my music playlist if that, a si use it solely for the odd request that I don’t have in my library…

I guess I think of Streaming services much like the use of Cash vs Tap and go form of payment,
Yes carrying cash can be inconvenient but when there is a Issue with Internet services and like we saw of recent a global outage with POS terminals, having Cash was the only option…

I am by no means a Luddite, but I have learnt with experience not to keep my eggs all in one basket…

3 Likes