Some Apple Music songs not loading

Happy to beta test on Windows or iOS : )

Hi @Dysfunk_DJ, can you please confirm that you are playing these songs through the Local Music Source in djay and not the Apple Music Source? Perhaps share a quick video that I can forward to engineering? Thanks!

hi!
Happy to be beta tester too.
I have a MacBook Air M2, free DJay app and using a lot of not famous tracks from Apple Music.

Waiting this error be solved to buy a DJ controller :rofl:.

Go ahead, new software always is unstable.

Yes local music source then I transferred to a my collection play list. Some tracks wouldn’t load with same error message on iPad but were ok on my phone. I deleted the tracks and added again and all works now. I’ll add some more via Apple Music iTunes and see if it happens again. I’m going away for few days though so might not be until next week.

Would like to beta test as well. MacBook pro with Intel processor, iPad Pro and iPhone 15 pro here

Upcoming wedding-gig here in a couple of days, would love it this could be fixed asap. If it’s possible I would love to try the beta. MacBook Pro nov 2023.

Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed it works. It is a real differentiator for Djay to have this integration working so I am sure you are on it.

2 Likes

I don’t want to curse anything here but it seems to be working closer to normal! I’m using an iPhone.

Loaded up 20 tracks which I have downloaded through Apple Music and all but one played with issue. Seems more patchy with stuff I haven’t actually downloaded… but there does seem to be progress.

1 Like

If anything this issue is getting worse! More and more tracks won’t play today whereas yesterday they were playing just fine.
Also, when I try to use ‘match’ for a new track nothing that I select will load.
Sorry but unless a fix is found then I won’t be continuing my subscription I’m afraid.
I’m not a working dj but was hoping to be able to be one quite soon. This issue has caused me problems with learning to dj and instead I’m going to buy a standalone dj controller and a load of music in a music library.

Hello everyone, thanks for your interest in beta testing this fix, however, the beta program is already closed and the 5.2.3 release has been sent for approval to the App stores.

If you would like to apply for beta testing on future releases, please use “Contact Support” from within the djay Settings and use “ATTN: BETA TESTER” in the subject line. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Hi thanks for the update on the situation. Can I ask if there is any idea on timescales for release. Not looking for an exact date just an idea of whether you expect days weeks or months before release.

1 Like

As soon as it’s approved on the App stores.

1 Like

If DJAY is forced to push an update, that makes it seem like its not on the provider (apple) side? Did they update an API and not notify you? What happened here exactly?

3 Likes

That’s possible @Sam_Solano. I don’t have all the details. I know our team was working closely with Apple on the solution. Either way, the fix should be available soon.

3 Likes

Thank you for your prompt response. Will the issue also be addressed soon on the Windows and Android versions?

I also get similar behavior using local music and attempting to use Neural Mix. I get the “can’t do that due to licensing” error even though the track is downloaded to my laptop and has the Cloud Status as “matched” in Music.app

Probably my main gripe with apple and one of the reasons I stopped subscribing is that they mess everything up including the tracks that you own. Those files are yours but they’ve taken them and turned them into something preferable to them.
People will say that you just have to get used to it and understand it properly but as I have discovered more than once if you hit that sync library button they will sneak up on you and mess your library about.
It’s not a great system for djs in my opinion.

Well the obvious solution to my gripe specifically is for DJay to convince Apple to allow Neural Mix :wink: It’s seriously wild being in Apple’s darling DJ application and Apple Music is the ONLY service the signature feature (Neural Mix) doesn’t work with.

1 Like

You can use neural mix with your own files just not streaming. Your problem is like I said, they have taken your file and changed its type. Have you tried converting it back to mp3 within Apple Music?

Thanks to everyone on the Djay team for working to fix this quickly. And to everyone complaining…here’s a little perspective, a popular service for djs out there provides downloaded music for all the same genres but does it for 20 monthly per genre or for 100 monthly… But… You only get that months music and would have to pay thousands to catch up from the early years of their service. Just a thought.

Oh I forgot… And you have to qualify for it.