Soundcloud and Beatsource library Problems

Hello,
I’m adding songs from Soundcloud and Beatsource to my playlist.

Some of the songs I added from Beatsource aren’t being played in the playlist, but songs with the same name from Soundcloud are. Even though I didn’t add them from Soundcloud, they are added automatically.

What can I do?

Hi @Baro, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version:

Can you please also try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Device: MacBook Air 2020
Version of System: Sonoma 14.6.1
Djay Version: 5.2.3
Controller: DDJ 400 & DDJ FLX6 gt

If I load songs directly from Beatsource, they play correctly.

But if I put the songs in my playlist beforehand and then play them, a different version is played, not from Beatsource, but mostly from Soundcloud.

Thanks for the video @Baro - this is very helpful.

1. Please log out of SoundCloud within djay, restart djay and check to see if it starts using the Beatsource versions.
  2. Then re-login into SoundCloud and restart djay and see if starts using the SoundCloud tracks.
  3. If so, then it might be that these tracks have their preferred source as SoundCloud, rather than Beatsource.
  4. The way to fix this at the moment is to re-add the tracks from Beatsource into the My Collection Music playlist. This will update the preferred source to be Beatsource. Thanks!

Hello! It’s been more than 7 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

Unfortunately not. The problem is still there.
Is there a setting for preferred sources?

There is no setting for this. Did you follow the procedure above?

Yes, but as soon as I am logged into SoundCloud and BeatSource at the same time and then add songs from BeatSource, the SoundCloud version is used again.

Hi @Baro, please trying updating to the recently released 5.2.4 version and let me know if this solves your issue. Thanks!

Hello! It’s been more than 10 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Soundcloud tracks and playlists not loading