Spotify integration on Djay for Mac?

Will existing users get this at a discounted rate?

Yeah I saw that after I posted – but given the way this whole thing was handled I was wondering if there was some concession for existing users (esp say if you just bought the product this year with no clue that it was going to be made obsolete by this new product)

Awesome to see ipad & iphone integration. When will the mac integration be coming?

I just mailed them… will post the response.

‘We know you’ve been waiting patiently, but not to worry we have lots of big plans for djay for Mac in the future, and we think you’ll be blown away when you see what we’ve been working on. No date to give at this time, but rest assured we want it as much as you do. Stay tuned!’

I just bought the desktop app assuming it would have spotify integration like the iPad and iPhone, it’s surprising a full desktop app would have fewer features than the mobile versions. When can we expect integration with spotify on the desktop app?

I purchased Djay for Mac last Spring thinking it would integrate Spotify much as it did for iPhone and iPad, but we all know that was not the case. As a result, I never used the program, which cost something like $30. So now the real deal comes along and they treat it as a new purchase, no credit for existing users. Not sure if this is good business. I’m feeling somewhat swindled.

why can’t someone tell what the procedure will be? When you buy Djay for mac will you (1) get the new version for free (2) need to upgrade for the spotify integration in the next version or (3) will it be a new application you have to buy from scratch. without this information i will buy nothing.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can i use my Spotify playlists when using Djay on the iMac??.

Nope not yet. But it’s severely OVERDUE! :slight_smile:

So the question for me is…
Will this be a new release for DJAY 2 for MAC or could I buy DJAY now and will be allowed to freely upgrade to version 2?
thanks
chris

I installed it on my Ipad with the Djay 2 w/Spotify but was incompatible with Hercules DJ Control Air +. I bought Mac Pro to use with controller and DJay 4.2.2 but without support Spotify. Let’s break down this barrier with Apple and deploy a new update with Spotify integrated. Already have Dj looking for another application that may have this integration. Will leave the competition do first?

I installed it on my Ipad 2 with the Djay Spotify but was incompatible with Hercules DJ Control Air +. I bought Mac Pro to use with controller and DJay 4.2.2 but without support Spotify. Let’s break down this barrier with Apple and deploy a new update with Spotify integrated. Already have Dj looking for another application that may have this integration. Will leave the competition do first?

Sitting here mapping a controller and it would be so cool to have conditional mappings…to allow for example toggling between pad banks or using a shift button to double functionality. Thanks!

If you’re running on a Mac you can load up Soundflower and record your audio into another DAW or audacity etc

Kieth, if you’re running on a Mac you can use soundflower to send the djay audio to record in a DAW. I’m sure there’s a similar solution for PC.

Really, really want this, preferably this summer if possible. Thanks!

I’d like it too and i’m still waiting … It would be great !

Any update?

This is just speculation because I’m neither a pro djay, nor a lawyer. It seems pretty clear the the commenters on this thread have never had to deal directly with media content provider lawyers. This is not a technical problem that hasn’t been solved (it is probably working already in-house, flawlessly). This simply reeks of licensing and legal issues. My guess is that enough pro’s use DJay for Mac that the lawyers are concerned that professional djay’s (who make a living, good or bad, from djaying) would not be paying higher licensing fees for access to the Spotify library. That being said, I’d like to see Spotify integration with the Mac version. Until then, I’ll use my iPad if I want to listen to Spotify. Again, pure speculation…