sync stops working after a few songs

Hi Lindsay Feinstein,

thank you for this selection. The problem with most of these songs is that they don’t have one tempo. As these are in my DJ library as well I know how frustrating this can feel.I added a feature request to be able to set more than one beat grid in order to adapt the changing speed. 

I for myself changed the sections which i use for transitions if the beat grid is not set correctly and mark the section with Hot Cue points. In that way you can be sure to have syncing parts in order to perform quick on-point transitions.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi guys,

i just want to inform you that we are still working on this issue.
I had a chat with our beat detection developer and he is checking the variability of the beat grid analysation. This determines the length of a beat which is mandatory for the synchronisation process.

Thank you for your help by providing songs which are having a variable tempo/grid.

Cheers,Lukas E.

The developers are working at your problem.
Also this thread is about synching issues, please stay with the treads topic.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey Lindsay,

we are sorry that we could not provide a decent solution to the synchronisation of songs with a variable beat grid. It would be very interesting to get the djay version which you guys told me was working better than djay 1.3.1.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,Lukas E. 

I know that this is a long time and I can only tell you again, we are trying our best to find the root of your problem.
Nevertheless it is not helping to post in different threads which aren’t even problems you are dealing with.

If you want we can setup a Skype call, you can send your Skype nickname via support@algoriddim.com so we can talk about your issue.

Cheers,Lukas E.

We know this is frustrating and the devs are looking into the analysation as well as syncing algorithm.

Please understand that these are not minor tweaks and need their time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

be assured that every post is getting processed and is getting a prioritisation.
We understand 7 months is a long time, but the topic is influenced by a lot of different factors which makes the improvement of the sync behaviour difficult.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Carlo,

would be great if you share songs with us via support@algoriddim.com.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Ian,

can you tell us exemplary songs which are not being synced, do they have a straight beat?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Ian,

thank you for your follow up. We understand your frustration but changing beat grid lengths can be an indicator for not perfectly straight beats. I know this is frustrating but can you please send us the exemplary songs via support@algoriddim.com. We are using them as a testing database, thank you in advance.
Cheers, 
Lukas E.

Hey Lindsay,

first off thank you for your feedback, we understand your frustration and as I said earlier we know that a long time passed.

We believe that it is not the last update which changed the beat sync algorithm.
The update from 1.2.1 to 1.3 changed the beat sync, but in out tests it improved the stability of the synchronisation.
One thing that can be the cause of the instability of the update could be that the resynchronisation - the “drifting” after the sync is active due to changing BPM of the songs - can kill the sync because the hardware of the device used can not calculate the resynchronisation in time.

We asked you via mail which device you are using, I know that you used to use a Mac Book Air out of another conversation, but we would need all you guys to send us your hardware specifications - Mac year, CPU, Memory… - in order to give our performed testing routines validity.

Also even though you guys feel bugged about me asking you follow up questions and asking you for more exemplary not-syncing songs, but this is necessary as topics like changing the beat algorithm have an huge impact of all our platforms and therefore need to be treated very carefully.

Besides of retesting our algorithm we thought about other features which could affect the stability of the sync.

Thank you for your understanding.  

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey Ian,

the Sync of djay Pro for Mac got improved and is running very stable, can you give me exemplary tracks which are not syncing?
Also please make sure the latest djay Pro version is installed.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey Conor,

can you tell me which song is not getting synced with himself?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey Conor Mason,

sorry but the two are syncing flawlessly, even track skipping is keeping the syncing stable.
Can you tell me which version of djay Pro you are using?

Cheers,Lukas E.

I also do have tracks that go out of sync. Bit annoying but it means I have to keep hitting the sync button.

Beatpad 2

Anything more on this? Exeperiencing the exact same issue! Updated and now the software is crap. Won’t sync, won’t beat match. It worked perfectly before and now it doesn’t. I literally just went back and went through all my mixes that I’ve never had any syncing issues with and now they all play like shit. Bpm even drifts when I’m not auto syncing. This is bs as this is a professional software!

Lukas,

Yes they all have a straight beat. Whats interesting as I stated before is even though it wont auto sync it wont even stay in what ever bpm it thinks its in. In other words in the grid mode you can see the spaces get bigger and smaller. I can almost grab any two songs that are noted as the same bpm by djay and when played side by side they drift apart. Its never been like that before and Ive played with this software enough to know its not because of certain songs. This is stated as being the “no 1 dj software” per your website and it wont stay in sync or beat match for crap right now. One thing I have noticed is that its much worse on my own music then compared to mixing while using spotify. it almost wont stay in sync at all on music thats on my hard drive but it will sometimes sync with spotify and other times has trouble staying in sync or keeping the same time. What’s even more strange is djay pro for iOS is worse then djay2.

Lukas,

You dont seem to get the underlying issue: EVERYTHING WORKED BEFORE AND NOW IT DOES NOT!

Its not like im trying to sync music ive never heard before. These tracks are on playlists that ive mixed just fine earlier this year and last year and never had any issues with them! (I even have recordings). Dont treat me like an idiot and ask for a specific track so you can later tell me you tested it all night and werent able to replicate the song. I mix with with a lot of house, trance and dubstep and they all have constant beats. The least you could do is at least admit there is a problem and its being worked on. This is just unacceptable from a company that boasts great software. I have a show to do next weekend for Halloween and im going to have to cancel because this software is now S#%T. I will make sure I tell everyone not to waste their time with algoriddim because you all wont even recognize a huge issue!!. Now I have go try and learn traktor dj in one week…

Well said Lindsay