Tracks cutting out mid way through

Oh wow! :open_mouth: Sounds like you’ve got it worse than anyone else I’ve read on here. Do you have an iOS or macOS backup that you can recover from? I’ve used this many times in the past to go back to an earlier version of djay.

1 Like

In my case I have a backup in my personal Mac , and I restored the iPad with the previous version, and inow t’s working with version 3.x as before the upgrade. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi All,

My sincere apologies for the late reply to this thread. Several of you have posted here about different issues that have already been reported in djay. I’ll be happy to provide support for all of the reported bugs.

1. The Beatport/Beatsource playback and crashing bug: This has been fixed with a new update for djay Pro AI for iOS (version 4.0.2). The update for Mac that fixes this issue should also be available shortly. Please note, in order to provide a quicker fix for this playback issue, we had to temporarily disable the ability to edit playlists for these sources in djay. Our team is actively working on a proper fix for this that will re-enable playlist editing in a future update. You can find the Community thread for this issue here:
  1. TIDAL HiFi issue: Our Development Team is actively working on this issue. Please see this Community thread for more details and to get updates as they become available:
  1. The OP’s issue:

@Leigh_Brown, Could you please tell me the following:

1. When this occurs, does it happen with all of djay’s music library sources (e.g., Files, iTunes, TIDAL, etc.), or are you only using a certain library source when this occurs?
  2. If you’re able to reproduce the behavior, could you please record a video of the issue occurring and drop it here? Just let me know when you’ve done so, and then I can further troubleshoot this with you.

Please let me know if I missed anything! Thank you all for your continued feedback here on the Community. :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Emily, thanks for your reply on this. Luckily I’ve not been able to repeat the issue I was experiencing, I will keep an eye out in the latest release and come back if it reappears.

1 Like

Exactly same problem on MacBook Pro - Beatport - 2 songs then waveform dissapersa dn music silent

Im on Macbook Pro M1 2020 - macOS Monterray12.4 - Beatport tracks keep cutting out and waveform dissapears midway through any song. Soundcloud OK, hard drive ok just streaming Beatport.

Big problem!! I agree it needs to fastrack

@BobsFullHouse, Please see my post answering your questions above:

And again, here is the existing Community thread for this issue:

1 Like

Solved with djay 4.0.2 for iOS. Tracks from beatport, beatsource and tidal working. Stress test running now

1 Like

Same issue as everyone else. tidal, beat source, everything!!! Your killing me here!!!

I have a Tidal account although I don’t use it often, just for the odd occasion…
I have tested it with around 10 tracks this morning and they all played fine…
As I have stated before, I’m not using the HiFi option as I had problems with slow loading but with the High Quality streaming setting, it seems to be fine…

Is this happening with every track you play and at different points during the track or is it happening randomly?

1 Like

Tidal hifi subscription here but there seems to be two issues happening simultaneously. If I attempt to load a track that has been played in a previous session- It will only load about 30sec of that track. If I attempt to load a track that I’ve never played, it will load but then entirely cut out at some random point (usually around halfway to 3/4 of the way thru the song)- although this only happens after I’ve loaded another track on the other deck.

@Aj_Mernone, Sorry for the delayed reply to your bug report. I’ve moved your posts over to this existing thread as it sounds like the same issues were reported here.

Please see my earlier post on this thread pointing to other existing threads for more information. Or, the problem you were having may have already been fixed in a recent update. Please let me know if the issue persists and if it sounds like a new issue outside of the ones described here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Not available for Macbook yet?

I have checked appstore and the version hasn’t been updated since 2 weeks.
I am wondering when the fix will be also applied to Mac OS.
I am using MacOS monterrey, version 12.4

Hiya…Any word on the MAC update as gigs looming next weekend

Hi All,

For those of you waiting for the Mac update, we ran into an unexpected delay with the update there. We hope it will be available in the next few days (or sooner :crossed_fingers:). I’ll keep this thread updated. Thanks again for your patience!

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m happy to let you know that djay Pro AI for Mac (version 4.0.2) is now available on the App Store.

As mentioned with the iOS update post, please note that in order to provide a quicker fix for the Beatport/Beatsource playback issue, we had to temporarily disable the ability to edit playlists for these sources in djay. Our team is actively working on a proper fix for this that will re-enable playlist editing in a future update. We’ll keep you updated about that as it becomes available.

Thanks again for your ongoing support!

1 Like

Today is available djay 4.0.2 on the Mac App Store. Check this out

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.