Using USB sound with headphones on iOS 8 issue

Just tried with my iPhone 5s with 10.2 and Djay 2 and still appears to be not working. I don’t get any audio whatsoever from the USB Soundcard whatsover if the headphone jack is being used. I can see the device(s) alright in settings.

My Pad is unfortunately a Gen 1 Mini so no updating or testing with that.

I’ve tried with a Zalman, My Vestax VCI100MK2 and another “off brand” USB audio dongle with the same results as you - audio stops when you plug in the headphones and try and use them as an audio source.

I think its a case of “it might work” - and maybe only with certain Pads/Phones

The Zalman is old, but crazy cheap and works perfectly with IOS and Djay - its a 6ch soundcard (So no need for the headphone jack anymore).

ZALMAN ZM-RSSC is the cheapest @ $8 - confirmed working by many folks.

Theres the NI Traktor Audio 2(v2) for the upper end of the market… and basically any other Class Compliant / Core Audio Sound card out there. Of which there are literally hundreds.

You may need to use a Powered USB Hub for some soundcards or Get the new Lightning USB 3.0 adaptor which allows you to plug in power simultaneously.

ZALMAN ZM-RSSC is the cheapest @ $8 - confirmed working by many folks.

Theres the NI Traktor Audio 2(v2) for the upper end of the market… and basically any other Class Compliant / Core Audio Sound card out there. Of which there are literally hundreds.

You may need to use a Powered USB Hub for some soundcards or Get the new Lightning USB 3.0 adaptor which allows you to plug in power simultaneously.

Might be worth letting us know if which model iPad - it might be something to do with USB 3 vs USB 2 related as the only iPad that supports USB 3 is the pro.

Might be that other pads don’t support the adaptor for audio/midi the same way as the pro does.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
imic not working after upgrade to iOS 8.

After the upgrade to iOS 8 I ́ve problems with djay and the imic adapter. The imic is recognized in the settings and i could configure it. But there is no sound. Tried everything (newstart etc.), but nothing helps. My configuration: ipad air, apple adapter and imic.

I found a comment with the same problem, unfortunately without a solution.

So my question: has anybody an ipad with ios8 and a working imic?

Just installed 8.1.1. Nothing changed: iMic is still broken. I suppose, I can’t use djay the next weeks. And I’m still waiting for A reaction from algoriddim.

Yes. I tried the new djay version and iOS 8.1.2 yesterday with my imic. Nothing changed: Pre-cueing still does ́nt work.

This is such a shame. My love affair with Apple is officially over. I’m going to look at getting an android tablet.

It’s £35 in the uk. I’ll give it a try but it does get tiring when Apple disable functionality like this.

Zalman ZM-RSSC arrived today from the USA and I confirm it works a treat! Great tip, thanks!

Hi super late to the wake… iOS 8.3 tried to use existing (30pin, generic) cck via a (generic) 8->30pin adapter… Doesn’t work.

Wanting to Utilise the USB audio input (behringer, not self-powered)

To the guys reporting iOS success with a particular (self-powered; batteries? Or rechargeable internal battery, or…?)

Can you confirm the USB input works, via the cck , without a powered hub ?

If the iOS version can be confirmed that’d be useful, but feel like my iPaddywhack is the only ios8 device left on the planet.

Woz’rocks, Jobs 'sux

Did you find a method that seemed reliable?

Is it app dependent?

Thanks

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Pre-cue does not work on iOS 8.

Previously I am using a camera connection kit and a portable DMC (Soundblaster E1) to pre-cue with DJay 2 (I was using iOS 7 on iPad 2).

Ever since I updgrade my iOS to ios 8, I cannot hear any music from the camera connection kit + DMC. I have tried with other camera connection kit and USB soundcard/DMC, nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have similar problem?

For Algoriddim programmers, please advise me on how to resolve the issue.

Thank you very much

By hanks Nerd Show.

Let us work together with Warren to resolve this issue

Soundblaster E1

They are working on it.

Hopefully they can resolve it soon

yah… sucks! :frowning:

not able to monitoring while DJing for quite some time

no updates from developer?

Please do verify if the last update has fixed this issue. Thanks in advance