When Deezer will be available on Day Pro

Dear Algoridim,
Please, Please Please please.
Connect Deezer to DJay Pro and Vice Versa.

Gauthier

2 Likes

This is totally on Deezer side, if they have licensed the music to be used on 3rd party applications or not.

1 Like

I can connect Deezer’s CEO to Algoriddim gentlemen, but …

1 Like

Currently it looks like deezer devloper api is strictly for personal/home use

Deezer - Terms of use :

IV. NON-COMMERCIAL USE

The Developer agrees that the use of the Services is strictly limited for a non-commercial purpose and in a non-commercial environment.

It means that the Developer shall not perceive, receive, generate, benefit or create directly or indirectly, any moneys, incomes, revenues, data or any other consideration in connection with the use of neither the Services themselves, nor any and all Content accessed through the Services.

So what is better in Deezer than in Spotify/Tidal/Soundcoud/Beatport Link?

1 Like

I think this has become more relevant now. An alternative to Tidal would be good.

Also, since all these streamers basically work the same way, implementing one additional service should be a piece of cake.

1 Like

I’m all for adding more streaming service options to djay. However, I suspect Deezer will eventually face the same licensing challenges as Tidal. Personally, I hope the labels can work out better agreements with all streaming services so we can have more innovation instead of less.

1 Like

Adding deezer (or qobuz) would buy some time for us out here in the trenches promoting the artists music and helping prop up the revenues, but it ultimately comes back to the artists and labels understanding that we’re all in this together:

I posted that in another thread, but I’ll continue to spread it around. we need to figure this whole streaming thing out all over again or there will be another limewire/napster. none of that was good for anybody - I remember because I’ve been around long enough to be unfortunately seeing it potentially happen AGAIN (because I’ve been around since before the internet omg lol)

1 Like

Bumping this thread, because as of now it appears that only Tidal plays the ‘no stems’ card.

Please put your votes in: hit the [VOTE] button on the top left of this thread. It’s worth a try, and an easy integration from a dev point of view.

Maybe it’ll even clear up some strange politics that are going on behind the curtain as I still can’t understand why there are differences between the services, why there’s no Deezer option in DJAY to begin with, why there are no plain statements from any of the parties involved.

Somehow everybody seems to be dancing around the topic on some level. Sad unprofessional mess.

1 Like

FYI: Just downloaded the free version of VDJ, created a free Deezer trial account and sure enough, stems are available. Online and offline.

Since this Tidal soap already has been going on for months, I can’t imagine the labels forgetting about Deezer.

I’ll say it again: smells like a plain old cash grab to me.

I’d like to see Deezer so I can ditch Tidal and continue to use Neural Mix. (horrible timing of Djay Pro 5 with improved Neural Mix coming out right as Tidal pulls stems) Soundcloud is not a sufficient replacement because of their arbitrary 500 song playlist limit.

Please hit the ‘vote’ button in the first post top left…

… it doesn’t matter… what will be the next integration

If record companies are against stems… then we end up in situation that none will work in future.

The facts right now do matter. It works on other big platforms. Maybe it won’t in the future, but we’ll see about that.

1 Like

I’ve moved my songs over to SoundCloud. I also have beatsource. I’d prefer Amazon over both.

Seeing how none of the DJ platforms work with Amazon I suspect they don’t want to play.

Works with some of Denon dj that have specific chip. I suspect Amazon won’t open up further any time soon.

Interesting! I wasn’t aware of that…

Yes, my understanding is that Amazon music requires a special hardware DRM chip to work.

of course they do…because they can.
It’s just like Google’s WideVine - only certain devices are qualified for the best resolutions.
it enrages me that money takes precedence over quality, and that the buy-in isn’t as beneficial or stand-out as it could be.