Wish: Backup djay‘s user data

I‘d like to make a backup of all my user data in djay to make sure I don’t lose anything if my data for some reason would get lost. If I judge it correctly, there is no such functionality just yet. There is a forum topic in the old forum about this (backup/restore database for Djay iOS). The reason why I would want to have this is that I invested quite a bit of time building up cue points, adjusting grids, setting BPMs and such and I would hate to lose all of that. There is already a report of a user who lost their data (My library playlists have disappeared! iPad Djay).

The requirement would be:

• create a user-accessible backup of djay‘s user data
  • make it possible to import any specific backup

Bonus points for:

• making the backup human-readable
  • making it automated

As far as I can see, the best way to create a backup right now is to invest in DJCU and using that for backups. This only takes care of my cue points and saved loops, though. Or is there a better possibility? I’d be very curious to know.

I now saw that djay already creates backups of the djay Media Library, at least on macOS: Where does djay Pro store playlists, cue points, and other data? – Algoriddim Support

Can we have the same for iOS as well? This backup also seems to only include cue points and saved loops, so the backup point still stands. A backup should contain everything, including beat grids, BPMs, user settings, MIDI mappings, etc.

Hey @djjoejoe,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community. This thread has been oddly quiet… However, I’d like to point out that in one of our latest releases, we added automatic backups to your library.
So now, djay automatically creates a copy of the “djay Media Library” on every launch and keeps the last 10 copies. You can access the backups directly in the Files app under On my iPhone/iPad > djay > User Data (see screenshot below).

This will hopefully fix the issues some users were having where either the library was gone at some point or some songs appeared grayed out.

Let us know if you guys have any questions about the new backup systems on iOS.

Cheers, G

Hey @Guillermo, that’s really great to hear :star_struck: I can see that the djay Media Library is backed up in specific. Could you tell a little bit more about what is part of these backups? Does it contain only the data that gets synchronized via iCloud or is there also BPMs, Grid start points and MIDI mappings? I can see that my backups go back until a month ago, that’s really cool to see :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.