Crossfader dissappears when I connect dj controller

I’m familiar with these, but I’ll look into them further. I usually use an external mixer… rarely plug my speakers in directly. Thank you for the suggestions.

@Slak_Jaw Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3 has IOS and USB. Not sure if we can use lap top and I pad at the same time.

You’re welcome. I’m not totally sure about the S2, but I think it’s an either or situation. I do know that the Mixon 8 allows you to use a laptop and iPad connected at the same time though. You can even choose which channels are connected to the laptop and which are connected to the iPad.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw When connected to an external mixer, Reloop Ready should be as good as a pro. It’s got a lot of features for such a small controller for $340.

Mixon 8 is next level, there’s a learning curve, $1059 open box.

How are you connecting to the external mixer? If it’s RCA from the Reloop Ready to RCA on the mixer, this will not improve the sound quality. However, if you are connecting to the mixer via USB from the iPad then this will solve the audio quality.

As for the Mixon 8, there’s really no additional learning curve compared to the Ready. Aside from 4 channels and Paddle FX, the controls are very similar. Yes, there’s a significant cost and size difference though.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Yes, If I buy Ready then I am thinking of connecting I pad directly via USB of main mixer. Mixon 8’s master out would go to channels 1 and 2 of the main mixer.

If you go the Reloop Ready and external mixer route, just make sure you connect the Ready to the iPad first and the mixer to the iPad second. On iOS djay uses the device that was connected last as the USB audio interface. Out of curiosity, what mixer are you using?

1 Like

Mainly Bose T4s also have RCF mixers

@Slak_Jaw do you find Ready reliable enough.

Absolutely. It’s well built and I’ve had no issues over the last year or so. My only gripes are:

1. 2 Band EQ. I remapped the Gains as High EQs though so not a big deal.
  2. Sound quality. Again not a big deal for me as I mainly use this as a backup or for small gigs like pool and beach parties.
  3. The performance pad LEDs are quite dim so you can’t really see them in the daylight. If you mainly play at night it’s fine.
1 Like

@DJ_Faisal if you end up getting the Reloop Ready, I’ve created an advance STEMs mapping for it over here:

I also have an advanced mapping for the Reloop Mixon 8 Pro:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw thanks for your input. Aside from ready as a backup, what is your main DJ controller and software.

You’re welcome. Currently my main controller is the Mixon 8 Pro with djay Pro AI on iPad. I also have a Denon Prime 4 that I use with djay Pro AI on iPad. I haven’t used the Prime 4 since I got the Mixon 8 though.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw will the Mixon 8 pro charge your I pad.

1 Like

@DJ_Faisal yes, it charges the iPad when connected via USB-C

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Awesome! Just need a small usb hub to connect external drive. That’s what I’ve been experimenting with switching from iPad to Macbook air without stopping the music. It’s a hassle when you’re doing a pro event. This is where Mixon 8 comes in. I appreciate your input! Ty.

@Slak_Jaw

Hello, when I connect reloop Mixon 8 pro directly to I pad pro then it works fine and even charges the I pad pro.

Issues: When I connect Mixon 8 pro to I pad through a usb hub ( so I can connect my external hard drives for music) then it does not map it does how ever charge the I pad pro.

I’d appreciate any suggestions.

@DJ_Faisal see my answer in your other post and on FB.

1 Like

There’s something weird about this new reloop Mixon 8 pro. There’s no display for the jog wheels. I’ve only had it for a couple of days. Trying to figure it out with reloop tech support. Hoping this is reliable investment. So far I really like it although is large but lightweight. What other similar product that would work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.