Jogwheels Reloop Mixon 8 pro not tracking properly

Just to describe what happen to me, today, when I was rehearsing for a set.
I was using channels 1, 2 (both on USB) and channel 1 (vinyl).
I’ve run into the same problem as described above in channel 2.
No matter what I do, the play button didn’t work.
I was cueing a new track in channel 2, the track was stopped and there was nothing that I could make that could restart that track.
Then I went to channel 4 (therefore using the same hardware jogwheel, play button and so on) loaded the track and start djaying without problem.
After this, I loaded a new track into channel 2 and, once again, everything was working normally.
If it was an hardware fault probably switching from channel 2 to channel 4 didn’t had been able to solve the problem….

Thanks for the additional info @MrBig1964. I’ve passed this onto the engineering team to see what they think.

1 Like

Flipping to another deck could be a workaround, I will try, but after you experience the start is not working it basically is too late already.

Edit: Never mind the text below, that issue seems to be solved … \o/

But another thought I have is this. I have similar issues with a generic controller, that has no specific jog wheels, just endless rotary knobs of which I use one to scratch, just for getting a track in position, obviously not doing any real scratching with that. After Algoriddm structurally did not react, also because it was difficult for me to make a video to show it, I kind of concluded it was a controller issue indeed. I guess real jog wheels are handled differently by the controller and maybe the midi is mapped differently as compared to what a simple rotary encoder is capable of.

Can anyone show how their jogwheels are mapped in Djay? Maybe there is more going on than just assigning the rotary 3Fh/41h or 01h/7Fh to ‘scratch’ or ‘scratch without touch detection’?
Or maybe, like a problem with using 3Fh/41h for library scroll, it could be that a similar problem occurs when using 3Fh/41h for scratch?

At first I thought the new firmware fixed the issues with stuck play button. However, to update the firmware, I swiched from usb port B to A without switching back again. It came to my mind and the play button issue came back when connecting to usb port B.

Atleast there is a workaround using port A, but the root remains unresolved.

Sorry to hear that you also have problems.
I used platter test to see how they behave, and the problem is in the platters 100%

I uploaded vid for reloops cloud, and message was clear, you need to send it to service as it is faulty.

So in my case, 100% hardware fault, not sw!

When the play button is ”on” but still music aint playing, the platter thinks you are touching it, thats why music is ”paused” :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I understand your experience but, anyway, if it were an hardware problem, that would also manifest when using other software. Has I previously said, the problem is only there in DJay. When using Virtual DJ there’s no problem at all…

I recommend that you take a look at the following thread where Algoriddim recognizes the problem and states that is a bug correction coming in version 5.2:

https://community.algoriddim.com/t/play-pause-stops-working-and-sticky-scratch/26833

It could very well still be separate problems, don’t hold your breath. :slight_smile:

Hope so, anyway, that’s the same problem…

I’ve just had a new Mixon 8 sent to me due to hardware fault of previous one. Inner box wasn’t sealed with sellotape as usually is. Went to see what firmware it is and out of the box it’s 5339, which means it’s probably there new beta firmware as this version isn’t on their website yet. Quick 30 min test and looks good so far. I’ll test over next 30 days or so as my warranty runs out 2nd August. So far looking good. Hopefully will be sorted as now I have it back it’s a top top controller for djay pro.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Dysfunk_DJ

1 Like

Well I had some job weirdness on left jog, when pressed sometimes music would keep playing and scratch not responsive. I flashed to firmware on Reloop website 5039 and seems ok. I’ll keep testing. Pain in the neck this controller. It seems ok now so hopefully this is it.

2 Likes

VDJ or Serato didnt solve my Brblm…
So i send it to service.
Tomorrow (2day) i will get it back from service…
Lots of testing next week…
I bought Ddj-Rev5 for my secondary but cant get Serato to be better than Djay!
So i wish we will get hw support for that also 🫶🏽✌️

My left jog the same fault, stops need to reload track. Scratch it stops. Put finger on platter it keeps going, stuttering. Really bad this. Emailed Bop DJ.

1 Like

Hi @Dysfunk_DJ, can you please confirm if either or both of the following scenarios reproduce the issue you’re experiencing?

1. Scratching with the track paused and either only touching the rim of the platter or disabling vinyl mode then the track will no longer play.
  2. Touching the jog wheel while the track is playing and it gets stuck and doesn’t play again when you release.

Perhaps you could share another video.

1. touching whilst playing - play back stutters and has stopped altogether. Green play button on like it should be playing but stopped and not responding until you reload track again.

I’ve emailed Reloop and retailer.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @Dysfunk_DJ. I’ve discussed this further with the engineering team and they believe this is most likely a hardware issue.

Yep, I tried with Serato and same issue. Unbelievable amount of faults with this unit. More than usual. Shame really as it’s a great controller for djay pro.

1 Like

First of all check if the controller is powered by a grounded power outlet.

Check if the moisture on your fingers change how the jog wheels behave.

Also try to grap any other metal ( leg on your desk, computer chassis or heating pipe) when using the jog wheels.

Quite sure reloop has production issue with over sensitive capacitive jog wheels but it’s not confirmed by reloop.

1 Like

Thanks @Kasper. Funny enough Bop DJ got back to me and asked to try in different room to try earthing thing your taking about. You made me laugh saying try holding onto metal :joy::joy: I actually tried it as well. No joy. I’m sorry waiting to hear from Bop DJ as they are trying to get out of it a bit by saying nothing to do with them and it’s more to do with supplier - Reloop. It’s my second unit now. This unit was brand new, tested for couple of hours and had deck freeze, platter stutter. A right mess.

My experience with these problems was terrible.
My problem was similar to this one with the only difference that everything was normal when using the controller with Virtual DJ.

After several weeks of contacts with Reloop and Algoriddim, and plenty of messages here in the community forum, i finally quit of using the controller, asked for a return and refund and switch over to Denon. No questions asked from Thomman wich probably have already plenty of returned units in their stock. I probably use much less (or none at all) DJay Pro since it doesn’t support the SC Live 4…

Anyway, it’s a peaty that this problem wasn’t solved because I liked a lot the Reloop controller and I think DJay Pro is clearly one of the best DJ apps on the market, especially by its support on iPad, the excelent dynamic grid and the stems.

Reloop and Algoridim are shooting themselves in the foot not solving the terrible problems in this hardware / software bundle wich, in my opinion, had everything to be very successful.

But this is a very very huge problem, namely for anyone wich is a little more than a bedroom DJ.
And for a company that, in my opinion, have a very good software in its hands, a major drawback in its path to eventually compete with Rekordbox, Serato and Virtual DJ.

2 Likes