Jogwheels Reloop Mixon 8 pro not tracking properly

Hope it works out. Mixon 8 is such a great controller for djay pro.

Just dropping in to share my experience with the Reloop Mixon 8 Pro controller. Unfortunately, I’ve been able to conclude it has a severe design flaw with the jogwheels, which is a widespread hardware issue that remains unacknowledged by the manufacturer, to my knowledge.

To be clear, this is a hardware issue with the controller and not related to the software. In both Djay Pro and Serato DJ Pro, I’ve encountered playback stopping abruptly as if the jogwheel was being held down, identical to the issues shown in the videos posted earlier in this thread. This problem has occurred almost every time I’ve used the controller, even during live gigs, forcing me to instant double the halted deck to the other side to resume playback. This is completely unacceptable and undermines any trust in both the controller and the brand.

When I contacted support, they provided a newer firmware that failed to resolve the issue. Their only further response was to request additional videos of the problem, despite my having already sent two. They then suggested I contact American Music & Sound, their US distributor, who also offered nothing more than an RMA.

I have since returned the faulty unit to Amazon and declined replacements after extensive research revealed widespread issues with even replacement units, as corroborated by feedback in this thread. This is quite unfortunate because I really wanted to like this controller. It checks many boxes for me, including full native Djay Pro support, mobile compatibility with an iPad stand, in-jog displays, and FX paddles. However, its critical flaw has ultimately led me to lose faith in this product and the brand. I’m looking at alternatives.

This controller should be removed from the list of Djay-compatible hardware until this issue is acknowledged and resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback @noah. I’ve passed this onto our engineering team.

1 Like

I hear your frustration. I had to return 2 units. Really a shame as it’s a great controller.

1 Like

Just unboxed the replacement unit and I can confirm both jogwheels works flawless on the new unit.
Reloop tested the device before it was sent to me.

The pitchfader lag is still an issue but I’m 100 % sure this is an software error in Algoriddim due to the fact that the pitchfader works in Serato.

Really happy that I finally have a working controller.

It’s really a fun unit when you have a working 1. Just remember not to touch the jogs for the first minute or so whilst they are being calibrated after switching it on too

Amazing really pleased for you. Enjoy :blush:

Thanks for the info @Kasper. I purchased my Mixon 8 right a launch and have had zero issues with it as well.

Ok so I too have the mixon 8 and have had this issue and read through forum. Tried troubleshooting and my anecdotal sense is as @noah suggested; the touch sensor of the jogwheel appears uniquely sensitive and thinks it is being touched/held down when it’s not.

I noticed a bit a dust/dead skin or whatever stuck in the little space that perimeters the jog wheel center display and used a sewing needle to gently clean that area up and also gave the whole jog a light clean with a moist cloth and that dramatically improved the responsiveness and made this issue decrease.

Maybe it’s just dust or static or dirt from hands that causes problem. I might experiment with puting clear tape on the touch sensor portion or something to see if that can help mitigate or to change responsiveness settng in midi. Will see

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your observations @17mics

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.