iOS: Local Music not working on djay 5.1.5

Yep I think quite a few of us are getting this, no local music will load at all. This isn’t great. If you’re a working dj do not update. That’s my suggestion. I’ve only updated on my iPhone so far.

Unfortunately, I updated on my iPad first as I said earlier thankfully I’ve not got a gig for weeks. I’m on holiday, but if this was happening in the middle of my busy winter, I would’ve shit myself.

lol. Sorry man but that’s made me laugh :joy::sunglasses::joy:

1 Like

As I said, it’s all good. I was doing like five gigs a week for months but now I’ve got a month off.

That’s my own music. I don’t use streaming services.

Every update something wrong!!!

1 Like

Just a friendly personal reminder from a long time, experienced DJ… please always fully backup up your system before updating your OS or DJ software and NEVER update before an important gig. This applies to all OS’s, DJ software and hardware.

I posted my personal list of tips on this forum long ago before I joined the Algoriddim team and I always follow these religiously no matter what software I use:

2 Likes

I want to delete the app and try to install it again and see if that helps but is there a way to save all of the hot queues and all of the information?

UPDATE.

I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it and I’m having the same problem some track load others don’t

2 Likes

All of your hot cues are stored in the djaymedialibrary database file. You can find this using the Files App on iOS under On My iPad>djay>User Data.

I wouldn’t do that. Needs an urgent update.

1 Like

2 Likes

The engineering team is aware of the issue and working on it

1 Like

Yes. App needs an urgent update. Unfortunately it appears updates take at least one week from the time they push the update to Apple.

Guess we’ll have to redo our whole library if we have any gigs during this time.

Interesting additional information -

Songs from the “Files” section load just fine.
These songs are songs I have downloaded from iCloud Drive locally onto my iPhone.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information. This is very helpful and potentially a useful work around in the meantime. Thanks!

The engineering team just reported that they’ve identified the issue and are working on a fix. I’ll share more news when I get it.

4 Likes

This is not a great workaround and would require people to have large iCloud Drive available space……which would require them to pay more….

Fair enough. I said “potentially useful workaround in the meantime”. I was not suggesting this as a long-term fix, but perhaps a short-term workaround for someone who has a gig before the bug is fixed.

Glad to hear the issue has been identified. Hoping for a quick fix and subsequent approval by Apple. :pray:t3:

Should we all anticipate at least a 1 week turnaround for the app to be available for us as end users?

Just trying to plan and prepare. I would need more iCloud space certainly

All I can say is the team is working on it and it will be fixed and released as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello again everyone. We’ve submitted a 5.1.6 update for iOS only and requested an expedited review, which hopefully means the update will go live within the next couple of hours (it will be released automatically once it was approved). Thanks!

3 Likes