Syncing My Collection Playlists between Devices

Exactly, this is the workflow we all want.

1 Like

With 5.2 release, how is this not a massive issue now? Organization on one device to use another for performance is table stakes in other apps. I, like others here, was so surprised this does not work out of the box. Any idea if this is even planned?

8 Likes

Any updates about this topic? Yesterday I made my first gig using Jay pro with my TT and Mac, but I had no imported playlists. Was a pain but the software was fine. This feature is a must, because I work with 2 computers and a can prepare everything on my iMac, and then port my MacBook to play in a easy way.

3 Likes

Just adding my voice to the management of files and collections across devices debate. Is the ā€˜solutionā€™ now to subscribe to Apple Music? Because if so, wowā€¦

1 Like

I couldnā€™t believe this feature doesnā€™t exist, strongly supporting this feature!!!

3 Likes

Apple Music wonā€™t help either, because you cannot manage (i.e. re-order or delete tracks) Apple music playlists in djay Pro. You can do that in Tidal, but then you canā€™t use other streaming services or local tracks.

I read this whole thread and Iā€™m a bit surprised.
So in summary:

• The playlists within the djay pro collection do not sync across devices
  • On Windows and Android there is no way to sync cue points and beatgrids

Am I missing something or is this really not supported?

Correct to both! Sadly true (for now)

Hello,
But iTunes does it sync playlists between device.

Itā€™ll sync cue points, but not Beat grids and each device will analyse independenlty.

A way to do this outside of the apple music app would be great. Most people have a library for personal listening then one for DJā€™ing. For example I have a few hundred songs in my apple music but around 7000 in my DJ folder. Would love to sync these tracks / playlists etc and not deal with itunes/apple music. A great way would be the files app (icloud storage).

2 Likes

Hey @djchase ,
Iā€™d like your opinion on why you avoid Apple Music.

1 Like

I love DJAY, but itā€™s not truly a cross device app until playlists (and possibly sessions and history) are synced. This feature shouldā€™ve been added like yesterday. Itā€™s such a waste of time trying to cross-play. I usually DJ on the Buddy with my iPad, but sometimes I play on my Mac or my iPhone in different situations. So I have to recreate playlists or go through history on another device and then try to add one by one. And what if I forget the device the playlist is on or the device crashes and I need to use a backup device? Iā€™m F-ed.

This should be possible:

• Making most of the playlist on my Mac
  • Adding/removing songs on my iPhone while on the road
  • Attaching my iPad to my controllers and playing, knowing my playlist is in sync

Please please add this by 6! It is the biggest pima. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hey @slack_jaw is there a way to sync what we save from the DJAY music collection to our own Collections? With Apple Music being down, Iā€™ve been exploring the DJAY music collection and saving them on my Mac. Iā€™d love to be able to do that on the road on my iOS device as well, but it seems like I canā€™t access any of the playlists Iā€™ve created on my Mac on my iOS device. Any tips or workarounds on this can help greatly :pray:

One possible solution could be to consider adding the ability to export/import playlists in M3U8 format to djay pro.
It might be helpful to note that these files are essentially universal and are accepted by many systems, programs, and players.

It might be a good idea for the developers to consider adding a cloud storage option inside djay pro where such files (playlists) could be stored.

In order to synchronise not only playlists, but also CUE tags, as well as Start Automix and End Automix CUE, colour tags, group tags, etc. meta tags, it might be helpful to consider developing your own meta tags and writing them directly into the file itself.
Such a file could then be opened on another computer or phone regardless of the system, with the added benefit that djay pro will read the metadata from the file and display it in the programme.

request is 4 years old and still not developed into app. Why?

1 Like